gems
size
Large species
build
Light
player
Iko
07-14-2024, 08:04 PM
The next place Lumi wandered was this marvelous expanse of ice. As the dusk turned to night, the pillars stood in dark contrast to the brilliantly glowing spots beneath the ice's surface. Careful hooves led Luminosa to a small patch of glowing ice. She dipped her head low, honeysuckle eyes reflecting the blues of the plankton below. Such wonderful creatures! She assumed they were some type of bug, but she would have been mistaken. In front of her, an icy spire contorted and twisted under its own weight, its fracturing body looking quite unstable. In the distance, another bowed back the the ice from which it had risen while many others still stood proud. What could cause the ice to do this?

Luminosa is usually in the company of her spider monkey companion who is often asleep on her back.

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (275)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
07-24-2024, 11:49 AM

Lumine was taking every chance she got to enjoy the freedom of exploring Boreas. With the news of her father's arrangement still a sharp stab of pain in her heart, she wanted as far away from "home" as possible. Without going to Auster (where her loathsome betrothed lived), heading north seemed like the most logical direction to go.

Though Spring had arrived, it was still frigidly cold up here. Her fur, still thick from winter, kept her warm to a degree along with the Christmas red wool cloak she wore around her shoulders. What hurt the most wasn't her face or her legs where the her fur was the thinnest, no. It was the skin on the pads of her paws that cracked and ache with each step she took out onto the frozen lake.

The pain was welcome, easily forgotten as long as it helped keep her mind clear. With each chilly breath she sucks in, her brain begins to feel clearer and clearer. She's able to give herself time and space to admire the frozen landscape around her. Arching pillars of ice threaten to crash down back upon the surface. And as she walks, each step is illuminated with glowing blue... something. Looking down, she's not sure what it is, but it couldn't be bugs, could it?

When she looks up once more, her transitioning blue to gold eyes land upon a deer with a bow upon her head. An unusual sight that draws the wolf closer. "Hello there," Lumine calls out softly, attempting her best to not scare the girl off. "Do you know what is making the ice glow?" She questions, stopping a respectable enough distance so that perhaps the deer might believe she wasn't a threat.

Lumine Trygg

table coding by bunni ♥

Luminosa

Loner

Advanced Navigator (70)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Large species
build
Light
player
Iko
08-06-2024, 08:51 PM
The inky night sky spread over the lake like a blanket, dark and thick. There must have been clouds, because it was so void of light, not even the stars shone through. The only light was cast from below, though it would have been easy to mistake that for the reflection of the stars otherwise. It was serene, devoid of the pain others may feel on the ice thanks to her hooves.

A voice called to her, soft and nonthreatening. Another wolf. It made sense- she was in the Wolves' Land after all. This one kept her distance, asking if she knew why the ice was glowing. Lumi shook her head, "I thought perhaps some insect, but I cannot be sure myself." The wolf looked like she belonged here. Her coat alluded to it. She smelled of others, and Lumi looked around briefly to see if she could spot any in the shadows, but it seemed they were alone. "And you do not know either?" The deerling wondered if perhaps it was a rhetorical question, but the wolf seemed young and unlikely to know anything. "I'm Luminosa, by the way," she offered.

Luminosa is usually in the company of her spider monkey companion who is often asleep on her back.

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (275)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
08-08-2024, 10:58 AM

The distinct effect of the ice glowing beneath her paws is enough to keep her gaze drifting downward. While some wolves would be encapsulated by a talking deer, Lumine found herself more distracted by the phenomenon. She wishes to reach out and touch the curving arches of ice that protrude from the lake's surface, but the deer talking before her draws her attention back.

"It seems wherever I put my paw, the glow happens," Lumine says thoughtfully as she lifts a paw and places it back down a few inches over to demonstrate what she saw. "If it is water beneath the ice, I'm not sure it is a bug," she says, her brow furrowing slightly as she lifts her gaze to look up at the pale and beautiful deer. Secretly, Lumine hoped no one would dare bring harm to such a majestic creature.

When the deer introduces herself as Luminosa, Lumine's tail wags instantly. "Oh, that is close to my name! I am Lumine!" She says happily, a smile spreading across her lips. It was almost as if they were destined to meet.

Lumine Trygg

table coding by bunni ♥

Luminosa

Loner

Advanced Navigator (70)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Large species
build
Light
player
Iko
08-13-2024, 07:56 PM
The monochrome woman, illuminated softly by the blue lights beneath her seemed to absorb herself in her thoughts on the land for a moment before making the observation that wherever her paw goes, it glows. It was true- Lumi hadn't noticed yet, but along with some of the softer glowing patches, spots beneath their feet flickered to life upon each step.

To test this theory, the doe made a large sweeping motion with her front leg along the surface of the ice. It glowed in a clean arc for a moment before dimming away. Luminosa looked to the wolf in surprise, "I think you're right." She spoke in an excited but hushed tone as if she was scared the words would scare the glowing... things to disappear. "If not a bug... a small fish?" What could glowing like this serve?

Looking down at the dark and sturdy canine as she introduced herself as Lumine, the deerling couldn't help but to wag ger tail excitedly. They had matching names! How cool! "My mothers named me it probably because of my coat, but they always told me it was because they hoped for a bright future," Lumi said with a soft giggle. "Were your parents the same?"

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (275)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
08-20-2024, 05:43 AM

Lumine's changing eyes watch as the doe sweeps her leg in an arching motion. The gentle glow that follows, brightening for a moment before dimming, is fascinating. She lifts her head, turning to look around at the barren and icy landscape. Fish? Could it be fish? Bugs? "Or something else?" She questions softly, glancing back at the deer with a smile.

Listening to her explanation of her name, she nods slowly in agreement. "Lumine for the bright white of my fur against the darkness and for the hope of a luminating future," Lumine explains, her smile staying consistent as her own tail gives a few gentle wags. It was neat to learn that though they were different species, they could still have similar names!

"Do you think that if we found a hole in the ice, we could see whatever this happening thing is better?" Her curiosity drives her away from the conversation of names. Eyes, a melding of gold and ice, once more glancing around, searching for a pocket of ice that had either been broken or somehow prevented from fully forming.

Lumine Trygg

table coding by bunni ♥