Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-16-2024, 07:25 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara stirred, the early morning light gently prodding her awake. She lay nestled on the outskirts of the God's Garden next to her friends, a place of serene beauty and sacred tranquility. This haven was a verdant paradise, where vibrant flowers blossomed in a riot of colors, their sweet fragrance mingling with the crisp morning air. Ancient pillars stood as silent sentinels, while the soft hum of insects and the distant call of birds provided a soothing symphony.

Ellara rose slowly, stretching her latte-pink and coffee-brown limbs, her striking pink eyes blinking away the remnants of sleep. Beside her, Atreyu lay still, his presence a comforting constant. She nudged her gently with her nose, a soft smile on her lips. "Wake up, Atreyu," she murmured. "The storm has passed, and it's time to greet the day."

The God's Garden, though beautiful, was merely the beginning of their journey. Ellara knew they needed to move east towards Cedar Falls to catch the migrating salmon. She shook her fur, the remaining droplets of last night's rain scattering around her. The sun was beginning to rise, casting a golden glow over the garden, making the dew-kissed petals sparkle like jewels.

As they made their way out of the garden, the terrain began to change. The lush greenery gave way to a denser forest of cedar trees, their tall, majestic forms creating a canopy that filtered the sunlight into soft, dappled patterns on the forest floor. The scent of evergreen and cedar wood filled the air, a refreshing change that invigorated Ellara's senses.

The journey east was peaceful, the path winding through the forest with occasional clearings where deer grazed and smaller creatures scurried about their morning routines. Ellara kept a steady pace, her senses always alert. She knew that the forest, while beautiful, held its own dangers. Bears were known to frequent the area, especially during the salmon run. She had already braved one once.

After a while, the sound of rushing water reached her ears, growing louder with each step. They were nearing Cedar Falls. The river, swollen from the recent storm, tumbled energetically down the rock face, its waters sparkling in the morning sun. The gentle hush of water over stone was a welcome sound, promising the bounty of salmon that awaited them.

Ellara stepped out into the open, the falls coming into full view. The scene was breathtaking. The river cascaded down in a graceful, powerful flow, surrounded by thick stands of cedar trees. The air was cool and fresh, filled with the mingled scents of water and wood.

She glanced at Atreyu, her eyes twinkling with excitement. "We're here," she said, her voice filled with anticipation. "The salmon are running. Let's catch our breakfast!"

With a final, invigorating stretch, Ellara approached the water's edge. The sound of the tumbling water filled her ears as she crouched low, muscles coiled in anticipation. In a swift, fluid motion, she leaped into the shallow part of the river, her paws landing with a splash. The salmon, startled by her sudden presence, darted in all directions. Ellara's keen eyes tracked one particularly large fish, its silver scales shimmering in the morning light.

With precision and speed, she lunged, her jaws closing around the wriggling salmon. The fish fought valiantly, but Ellara's grip was firm. She waded back to the shore, water streaming from her fur, and shook herself off, droplets scattering in the sunlight.

Ellara carried the salmon back to where Atreyu and Bigs waited and laid the fish down before them, a proud smile on her face. "Breakfast is served," she said, her voice warm and triumphant.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Ooh La LaRapid Poster - Silver
07-16-2024, 08:04 PM
Oh, fly over me, evil angel;
Why can't I breathe, evil angel?

Her dreams had never been so sweet, seeing her mother and father in their prime forms like how she remembered them best was truly a treat. The entire night she murmured softly in her sleep, tears had streamed down her face though she wore a happy half-smile in her sleep. Other pack members had been present for the dreamy reunion, and the pack had frolicked and played until she felt the sun's rays on her fur and Ellara stirring next to her. "Wake up, Atreyu." It was all the nudge she needed to pull herself from the dream, no matter how painful the goodbyes were. Life had to go on, it was what her mother told her before they parted in the dreamlands. She would have to find her way back to that place one day, a way back to that piece of the Summerlands where she could brush her mom's coat and tackle her father again.

Those holographic silver-to-lavender eyes opened slowly, Atreyu not moving for a moment as she got her bearings. Blinking, she slowly lifted her head to nudge Bigs, who was still happily curled up on her side. With a sleepy half-growl, Atreyu rose and stretched, feline claws digging into the earth. She would have to sharpen those before the next hunt, otherwise, they wouldn't hold onto anything. Shaking the moisture from her metallic-colored pelt, Atreyu yawned wide then made sure that her little companion was fully awake. Bigs did his usual morning ritual of grumbling before reluctantly rising to his tiny paws and shaking himself awake enough to function. Truth be told, they both could use some coffee beans. Atreyu's mother would steep them in boiling water to make a drink that would energize and help shake the cobwebs from their minds.

With her satchel and companion in place, Atreyu put one bangled paw in front of the other, following Ellara to the east. She hadn't been out this way before and she found the forested area to be more like her homeland than she expected, aside from the temperature. She wasn't as dreamy headed as she had been when she first woke up and one could tell she was in a good mood from the half smile that stayed on her face all morning. They hadn't talked much on the way over aside from the usual small talk one did on journeys like this, but Atreyu did plan to tell her about her dream. When they arrived at their destination, Atreyu was shocked at just how many salmon were running this year. It seemed like last year's run was a massive success.

Ellara entered the water, with Atreyu not far from the bank to keep an eye on her. When the strawberry coffee colored woman exited the water, she had a huge salmon in her jaws. Atreyu clapped and whooped, "Yay! Breakfast!" Now that they had a fish, they could go find the herbs with which to dress and cook it. "We're gonna need something good to go with it. I could show you how my mom used to make it? We would need to pick some herbs." Her words came out as a question, wondering if that would be alright with Ellara. Atreyu didn't want to step on the toes of her new friend. "This is an awfully big salmon, good catch!" She smiled to her friend with delight, hopeful that she could show what her mother taught her to do with a fish this size.

Word count: 583 words.
"Talk." || 'Think.' || 'Hear.'
Note: ---
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

Atreyu can be rated M for mature, not always, but expect it to pop up.
Her companion, Bigs, is assumed to be with her unless otherwise mentioned.

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-16-2024, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2024, 08:22 PM by Ellara. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ellara Praetor

Ellara's heart warmed at Atreyu's enthusiasm. "I'd love to see how your mother prepared it," she replied, her eyes sparkling with interest. She glanced around, the scent of cedar still heavy in the air, mingling with the earthy aroma of the forest. "Let's see what we can find around here to make this meal even better."

With that, she started to search the area surrounding Cedar Falls, her nose low to the ground. The forest floor was rich and diverse, offering a variety of plants and herbs. She knew that some of the best flavors came from fresh, local ingredients.

Ellara's keen eyes spotted a patch of wild garlic growing near the base of a cedar tree. She dug gently, her paws careful not to disturb too much of the surrounding vegetation, and pulled up a few bulbs. "These will add a nice, savory touch," she said, laying them beside the salmon.

[ 1/3 Collected an herb - Wild Garlic ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

07-17-2024, 07:17 AM

It was spectacular, the shining smile that came across Atreyu's face was a testament to the happiness Ellara had just pushed into her heart. Believing that by keeping the traditions and recipes from her parents and pack she could keep them forever alive in some way, looking up to the sky, Atreyu waved her tail. 'Let's see what we can find...' Ellara said, immediately searching the area for the herbs they would need in order to cook this fish her mother's way. "I wish we had a way to make butter, my mother taught me how, maybe one day I can bring our traditions to Boreas or Auster." The words were said to no one in particular as she set about looking for some thyme, holographic eyes searching every plant.

Her nose would work when her eyes could not, and Atreyu soon found the plant in question, stripping a few stems of their leaves with her claws. Putting them in her satchel, she turned to come back to where Bigs and the fish were waiting almost at the same time Ellara did with her garlic. The coffee-pink woman showed promise, how did she even know that garlic was part of her recipe? Setting her satchel down next to the salmon, Atreyu settled in, "I was going to tell you that we would need garlic, I got too excited and forgot. You must be psychic!" She laughed at her own silliness, shaking her head. Moving around their little clearing, Atreyu picked out a decently thick long stick and several small short ones, sitting down to sharpen one side of the sticks. After this, she looked to Ellara with a smile, "We need wood, as well. This is going to be a treat!" Throughout her workings, Atreyu found her tail waving constantly, and there was a hum that she couldn't quite shake.

Word count: 310 words.
Note: Omg she is so happy <3
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

1/3 collecting an herb - Thyme

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-17-2024, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2024, 08:30 AM by Ellara. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ellara Praetor

Ellara chuckled at Atreyu's excitement, her own heart lightened by the shared joy of this moment. "Maybe I am psychic," she joked, giving Atreyu a playful wink. "Or maybe I just have a good nose for these things."

Determined to find more garlic and the necessary tinder for their fire, Ellara set off once more, her nose close to the ground. The scent of cedar and earth was intermingled with the faint aroma of wild garlic, guiding her steps. She quickly located another patch, carefully digging up a few more bulbs to ensure they had enough for their meal.

As she collected the garlic, she also kept an eye out for suitable tinder. The recent storm had left plenty of dry twigs and small branches scattered about. She gathered a bundle of them, her keen instincts guiding her to the best kindling. With the garlic bulbs and a decent amount of tinder cradled in her jaws, she returned to the clearing.

[ 2/3 Collected an herb - Wild Garlic ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN
Ellara has two Barred Owls, Halia and Eos, that can be assumed to be with her at all times.

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

07-18-2024, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 05:20 PM by Atreyu. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ellara gave her a playful wink, her words bringing a laugh out of Atreyu. Smiling and shaking her head as the pink coffee woman headed off again. They would need a good amount of wood and herbs for the fish Ellara caught, so Atreyu made her way off to collect some of the bigger pieces. While she collected the wood, she kept an eye out for the thyme they would need.

It was easy to spot the leafy stems of the plants growing up next to a cedar tree with lots of sticks and bark beneath it. 'Perfect!' She plucked some of the stems and pulled the leaves from others, fully intending to use both. She met Ellara back in the clearing, going back to pull the bigger limbs back with her. "Good news is we will keep the bugs away, too." Atreyu said with a laugh. She then set about dressing up the fish, pulling out her galaxy-colored blade to clean the fish out by the bank of the river near them. She said a prayer as she did so, thanking the ancestors for looking out for them and to Kiska for giving them this catch. She returned a small portion of the fish to the river, mostly the unsavory bits and the fins. Every being should eat this morning, even the other fish.

Word count: 225 words.
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

2/3 collected an herb - Thyme

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-19-2024, 04:08 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara returned to the clearing, her jaws full of garlic bulbs and tinder. She saw Atreyu busy with her galaxy-colored blade, skillfully cleaning the fish and offering a prayer. It was a beautiful moment, one that made Ellara feel a deep sense of connection to her friend and their surroundings.

Setting down her gathered items, Ellara joined Atreyu. "That's a lovely prayer," she said softly, her eyes reflecting the same gratitude. "Let me help you with the thyme."

Ellara moved towards the cedar tree where Atreyu had found the thyme. She carefully plucked a few more stems, appreciating the fragrant, leafy herb. As she worked, she gathered a few more pieces of wood to ensure they had enough to keep the fire going.

Returning to the clearing, Ellara laid out the thyme on a flat rock. "Thyme really keeps bugs away?" she asked, her voice filled with enthusiasm. "We'll burn some of it alongside our firewood to keep the mosquitoes at bay."

She arranged the tinder and wood into a small, efficient stack and nestled the thyme among the branches. Striking flint together, she soon had a small fire crackling, the fragrant smoke of the thyme wafting through the air. The aroma mixed with the scent of cedar, creating a pleasant atmosphere around their makeshift camp.

As the fire grew, Ellara looked up at Atreyu with a satisfied smile. "This will keep us comfortable while we cook and enjoy our meal." She settled beside the fire, watching the flames dance and feeling a profound sense of contentment.

[ 3/3 Collected an herb - Wild Garlic ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

07-20-2024, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 07:58 AM by Atreyu. Edited 1 time in total.)

Once she had the fish cleaned out and her prayer done, Atreyu smiled to Ellara as she sat beside her. The spotted pink woman wasn't used to compliments like what Ellara had given, but she waved her tail anyway. "Thank you, my mother was the religious one out of my parents. My father believed, of course, but my mother was the one who taught us how to pray." There was a warmth in her far-away gaze, those holographic eyes seeming to be lost in a memory for a moment. Shaking her head lightly, Atreyu made her way back to the present. Once they had enough garlic, thyme and wood, Atreyu began to season the fish.

Setting herself and the fish down by the fire Ellara started, Atreyu gave a happy hum. She began by breaking down the garlic into cloves, then she crushed the cloves with the flat of her knife against a rock. Taking her knife, she chopped up the crushed garlic and then spread it all over the inside of the fish. The thyme she split between herself and Ellara, "Thyme is good for a lot of things, you'd be surprised." She said with a smile, "Do you mind helping me strip the little leaves off the stems? We will sprinkle them over the garlic on the fish." Throwing the stems she finished on the fire, Atreyu breathed in the relaxing aroma. She had left the fish's skin intact, only opening the fish enough to season the meat inside. Once they finished seasoning, Atreyu pulled out some string from her satchel.

Placing a long sturdy stick of cedar along the spine of the fish, the spotted dire wolf tied the fish around it and placed the whole fish over the fire. "And now we wait." Atreyu said with a smile, giving a languid stretch before she reclined on her haunches. She would have to flip the fish in a few minutes, but they had a little time before breakfast would be ready.

Word count: 334 words.
Note: A little on the choppy side, I have a war going on LOL
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

3/3 Collected an herb - Thyme

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-20-2024, 02:03 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara watched Atreyu work with admiration, her movements precise and practiced. As Atreyu began to season the fish, Ellara felt a deeper connection forming between them, a bond forged through shared traditions and the simple joy of preparing a meal together.

Taking the thyme from Atreyu, Ellara carefully stripped the tiny leaves from the stems, her nimble paws making quick work of it. She sprinkled the fragrant leaves into the fire, the aroma growing richer and more enticing. "Thyme really is amazing," she said with a smile, enjoying the pleasant, earthy scent that filled the air. "Thank you for showing me all of this."

As they waited for the fish to cook, Ellara noticed a flutter of movement above them. Two Barred Owls with mocha markings swooped down from the trees, their large, curious eyes fixed on the fish roasting over the fire. They landed gracefully on a nearby branch, their heads tilting inquisitively as they chirped softly to each other, clearly interested in the scent of their cooking.

Ellara chuckled softly, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Looks like we have some new friends," she said, nodding towards the owls. "I think they want a taste of our breakfast."

The owls continued to watch, their soft chirps growing more insistent as they eyed the fish expectantly. Ellara felt a warm sense of delight at their presence, the scene adding an extra layer of magic to the already special morning.

She glanced at Atreyu, a playful smile on her lips. "What do you think? Should we share a bit with our feathered friends?" The idea of sharing their meal with the owls felt right, a small act of gratitude to the forest that had provided for them.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

07-24-2024, 06:59 PM

There was a deep sense of connection to Ellara, she was a kindred spirit, perhaps one she had walked with before in another life. Atreyu wasn't sure she believed another could come back, that was where her religion faltered, but if they could she definitely felt a pull toward the earthen pink woman beside her. Flipping the fish so that it would cook thoroughly, Atreyu saw movement out of the corner of her eye. Looking up she spied two large owls in a tree above them. Immediately her holographic eyes scanned for Bigs, motioning for the tiny dog to come over to her so she could protect him if she had to.

Bigs moved toward her, but Atreyu could tell something else had their attention. Ellara seemed to brighten up at the sight of them, mentioning that they might want a share of the fish. "It's done now, they would have to wait for it to cool, but we can give them some." Atreyu gave a small giggle then, "They have to promise not to eat Bigs. He's special." The tiny dog looked up at Atreyu and smiled, waving his tail at her, "Thanks, you're pretty special too." He said the words sincerely, but kept his eyes on the hungry-looking owls.

Word count: 211 words.
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-24-2024, 07:18 PM

Ellara Praetor

Her pink eyes watched as Bigs made his way over to Atreyu's side. She'd been so big all her life that it was hard to imagine what it might feel like to fear an owl. With a cautious eye, she looked back up to the birds. A smile curled across her lips as she watched them, their eyes locked back on her as they twisted their heads to get a better view of the one watching them. There seemed to be an instant connection.

Ellara was delighted that Atreyu agreed and she stood up, her haunches rising to align with her spine while her fluffy pink tail uncurled and began to sway. Unexpectedly, the owls swooped down towards her and landed along her spine, adjusting themselves comfortably as they showed their interest in the fire and the salmon. The female seemed to open and close her beak, clearly loving the smell of the good cooking.

Ellara was so in shock that these creatures felt comfortable enough to land on her, their talons sharp against her skin and causing her hackles to raise just slightly. She twisted her neck to look back at them, not daring to move less she disturb them.

"Did you hear that, owls? You promise not to eat Bigs, yeah?" Ellara said in a joking but stern voice. The owls turned their heads to look at her and ruffled their feathers. "Mmm, okay. Just remember, you promised!" She giggled, pretending to speak owl.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

07-27-2024, 09:52 PM

Bigs took shelter between the huge feline paws of Atreyu, watching the owls closely as they came to land on Ellara's shoulders as though they belonged there. They clearly had no interest in the naked chihuahua mix, but he wasn't taking any chances. Atreyu chuckled aloud, shaking her head and giving his mohawk a ruffle. "I think they are hungry enough, they would have eaten you by now, Bigs." She said the words laughingly, looking to the owls and bowing her head respectfully. "The fish is o-fish-ally done, pardon the pun." Taking the fish away from the fire, Atreyu smiled when she smelled the herbs and fish blend together. It wasn't quite her mother's recipe, it was still missing the butter, but it had been allowed to render in its own fat.

Atreyu let the fish cool off for a bit, then went to work with her knife. She separated the fish into equal portions for everyone present and doled them out on flattened stone plates. When she handed Ellara her plate, Atreyu did it with a small amount of ceremony, "I hope you like it, this is one food I grew up with." She said the words warmly with a big smile, her spotted tail waving behind her. This was her first time cooking for anyone and she hoped Ellara would like her mother's dish, even if it was missing an ingredient.

Word count: 233 words.
Note: Bleh, brain is tired still XD
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-29-2024, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 08:27 AM by Ellara. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ellara Praetor

She laughed at Atreyu's pun, the warmth of their friendship making the morning even more special. "Thank you, Atreyu. I'm sure it will be wonderful," she said, accepting her portion with gratitude. The scene of the seasoned fish filled the air, making her mouth water with anticipation. Living nomadically had admittedly made her a bit more of a feral wolf, rarely engaging in the art of cooking, but the smell of this salmon made her seriously reconsider her life choices. She needed more of this!

As they began to enjoy their meal, the peaceful atmosphere was suddenly disturbed by a low growl. Ellara's ears perked up and she turned to see a cougar emerging from the underbrush, its eyes fixed on the salmon on her plate. The large cat's presence immediately put Ellara on alert, her hackles rising and her lip curling into a snarl. She rose to her feet, her stance immediately shifting into a defensive posture. Her pink eyes narrowed as she assessed the size of the cougar.

"Stay close, Atreyu, Bigs!" she said calmly, but firmly. The two Barred Owls, sensing the danger, took flight from her shoulders and circled overhead, their eyes locked on to the cougar.

With swift motion, Ellara placed herself between her friends and the approaching predator. The owls swooped low, their presence adding to the intimidation factor as they hooted and flapped their wings at the cougar's face.

"You came to the wrong place if you think we're going to give our breakfast up easily," Ellara growled, a smirk crossing her face. The cougar paused, clearly assessing the odds and realizing it was outnumbered, but still it took a low step forward. Hunger drove it to a point where logic did not matter anymore.

[ 1/3 Fought a large opponent (Cougar) ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN
Ellara has two Barred Owls, Halia and Eos, that can be assumed to be with her at all times.

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

07-30-2024, 07:25 AM

Atreyu smiled as she watched those around her enjoy their meal, her silver-to-lavender holographic eyes shining with actual happiness. Ellara was a dear friend, one she cherished already, to watch her enjoy something Atreyu created brought her a joy she couldn't begin to describe. For the first time in a long time, Atreyu allowed herself to be comfortable in the moment. However, that moment was fated to be short-lived.

A low growl caused Atreyu's ears to slip back as she turned to see the maker of such a sound. Ellara immediately began to move, as did Atreyu, Bigs between her paws and moving with her. He was ready to move as he needed to, and as a unit, Atreyu and Bigs moved forward to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Ellara. "Together." It was all she would say, her stance close enough to Ellara that their pelts mingled, making them look almost like a two-headed, spider-wolf.

Those holographic eyes never wavered from the form of the cat, her head lowering to protect both her throat and Ellara's. She could see the double-take in those feline yellow eyes, but there was no stopping the hungry cat. Atreyu growled deep in her chest before she nudged Ellara subtly, signaling to her that she should go right and Atreyu would go left. Flanking the cat should work nicely, but they would have to truly work as one. Atreyu had every faith in her friend, especially given that she was ready to stand between the cat and Atreyu. If all went well, they would have a cougar pelt to sell!

Word count: 262 words.
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

1/3 Fought a large opponent (Cougar)

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-31-2024, 07:52 AM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara felt a surge of adrenaline as Atreyu moved to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with her, Bigs safely nestled between Atreyu's front legs. The cougar eyed them warily, its wild yellow eyes flickering between the wolves and the circling owls. Ellara nodded subtly at Atreyu's signal, understanding the plan without the need for words.

With a low growl, Ella took a step to her right, her muscles coiled and ready to strike. The cougar's wild gaze followed her owls and did not notice the step, distracted for just a moment. Seizing the opportunity, Ellara lunged forward, her powerful legs propelling her towards the cat like a bullet. Her teeth bared, she aimed for the cougar's flank, her jaws closing around fur and flesh.

[ 2/3 Fought a large opponent (Cougar) ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-01-2024, 09:58 AM
Atreyu could feel her own adrenaline surge as the cat looked between them, sizing them up and deciding they were worth the fight. When Atreyu nudged Ellara, she got a nod in return, which would have gained a smile in any other circumstance. Today, however, their lives hung in the balance. When Ellara moved, so did Atreyu, making to flank the cat on the left side. In stereo they attacked the feline intruder, Ellara going for the right flank while Atreyu went for the left side of its face. The most horrible yowl came from the cougar as Ellara's blow to its flank landed. Atreyu acted swiftly to grab the cat's left cheek as it swung its head to snap at Ellara, when her blow landed she would fiercely shake her head to disorient and rend the cheek of the cat. Bigs barked and ran around the cat, biting at its tail as he growled and snarled his anger at having a good breakfast interrupted.

2/3 Fought a large opponent - Cougar
"I talk" || 'I think'
table coding by bunni ♥ art by alo

OOC: Sorry it's so short, figured it was better for clarity's sake lol

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
08-01-2024, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2024, 06:17 PM by Ellara. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ellara Praetor

The young fighter felt a surge of adrenaline as she saw Atreyu's attack land, their coordinated effort clearly throwing the cougar off balance. The cat's anguished yowl echoed through the forest, but Ellara knew they could not relent.

As the cougar bled from its cheek and flank, Ellara darted to avoid claws and then lunged again. Her jaws locked on to the cougar's hind leg now, powerfully pulling it out from under the cat to drag it down. The cat roared in pain, trying to kick her off but she held firm.

The owls swooped low, their talons raking across the cougar's back as added confusion and pain for the cougar, attempting to keep its focus off of their wolf companion.

[ 3/3 Fought a large opponent (Cougar) ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-02-2024, 07:40 PM
Her heart pumped so hard she could hear the roar of her blood in her ears, adrenaline surging in her to spur her forward. There was no hesitation, no fear from the spotted dire woman as her friend helped fight off this threat. Her blow had landed on the cat's cheek, and she latched on for all she was worth. She would not relent her grip on the feline invader either, not even as it fell to the ground and had the owls rake its back. For a moment it would seem that the two wolves played tug of war with the cougar, the cat swiping a paw at Atreyu, making her suddenly release her grip. Snapping its jaws at Atreyu, the feline caught a small piece of Atreyu's right ear, making her cry out in pain and then let loose a chest-rattling growl. With her own claws unsheathed, Atreyu swiped her right forepaw for the cat's face, making it rear its head back as Atreyu then went for the throat. She aimed to pin the cat before it could retaliate against Ellara, though she could not hold it forever, her grip hadn't landed exactly right. It could get loose at any moment!

3/3 Fought a large opponent - Cougar
"I talk" || 'I think'
table coding by bunni ♥ art by alo

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
08-03-2024, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2024, 06:10 AM by Ellara. Edited 2 times in total.)

Ellara Praetor

Ellara’s heart pounded fiercely as she saw Atreyu cry out in pain, quickly recovering despite the cougar’s swipe taking a piece of her friend's ear. The sight fueled Ellara's need for vengeance. Above, the owls continued their relentless assault, their talons raking across the cougar’s back and adding to its distress.

With a fierce growl, Ellara lunged forward again, aiming for the cougar's other hind leg. Her jaws clamped down with all her strength, her teeth sinking deeply into muscle and tendons. The cougar roared in pain and fury, its strength waning under the relentless onslaught. Atreyu aimed for the cat’s throat, trying to pin it down, while Ellara tugged hard on the hind leg to aid her friend.

Ellara noticed immediately that Atreyu's grip was off, and the cat was writhing out of her grasp. When the cougar's heavy paw reared back, Ellara let go of her hold on the cat and raced forward, bumping into Atreyu to push her out of the way. The cougar's claws raked through Ellara's right shoulder, sending a mist of blood into the air. Yet, Ellara felt no pain, only the adrenaline fueling her determination.

She pressed forward when the cat dug into her shoulder, her jaws finding the cougar’s throat. With one forceful motion, Ellara snapped the cat’s neck, feeling it fall limp in her grasp. Blood poured from her mouth as her teeth sank deep into the cougar’s throat, nearly touching its spinal cord. Her chest heaved as the feline’s life ended on her tongue, and only then did the pain in her shoulder begin to radiate.

Ellara dropped the lifeless body of the cougar and staggered back a few steps, lifting her right forelimb to avoid putting pressure on it. She let out an exhausted sigh, her body trembling from the effort, before collapsing next to the cougar with a wince. The adrenaline began to fade, leaving her acutely aware of the searing pain in her shoulder.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor

CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (125)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Atreyu was so focused on holding onto the squirming cat that she hadn't seen the claws coming straight for her face, luckily Ellara was there for her. The bump was successful, and Atreyu was moved out of the way just in time to watch her friend take the blow. Ellara made quick work of the cat after that, but Atreyu could tell the pain was setting in now. Moving quickly, Atreyu pressed her shoulder to Ellara's left side, helping to steady her friend. "Here, lie down. You did great! Let me look at you." She fussed over her friend's wounded shoulder, the wound was horrible and would probably leave a mark.

"Hold on, I'll go get my bag!" This would need stitches, something Atreyu knew a secret to. She kept a jar of army ants in her satchel, since she couldn't sew she used them for emergency situations such as this. Opening the jar, Atreyu hooked an ant between her toes and made sure the jaws were open. "This will hurt, but I need to stop the bleeding." She then brought the first of many ants down on Ellara's wound if she allowed, pinching the skin together with the jaws of the ant. Atreyu would then break the head off of the ant, and begin to repeat the process. It would not be pleasant for either of them, the spotted woman hated the thought of bringing her friend pain. She would wait to see if she was allowed to administer those prehistoric stitches.

1/3 Healed a wound or ailment, or prescribed a treatment - Ellara (Shoulder wound)
"Talk." || Think || 'Hear.'
code by bird, art by alo