An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
07-16-2024, 09:29 PM

He hated every second he felt like he had to be here, but he was determined. He will get better, he will fight with honor. Every new opponent would show him something new. Every new person was someone to learn from. He was ready. He scanned the dusty wasteland for an opponent, his antlers high on his head, his studded vest freshly oiled and mended. How can he prove his worth to Haydee, to Saga, to the whole of Polaris to guard them if he didn't know how to fight well? He howled to the sky for an opponent to show themselves. Test themselves against him!

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-16-2024, 09:44 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara stepped lightly through the ancient wasteland, her latte-pink and coffee-brown fur blending almost seamlessly with the dusty, bone-laden ground. Her striking pink eyes scanned the desolate landscape, her senses heightened by the eerie silence that seemed to hang over the Boneyard like a shroud. The howl of a challenger broke the stillness, and she turned her gaze toward the source, spotting the figure of Eltrys in the distance. His antlers stood tall and his studded vest glinted in the harsh sunlight. Ellara moved with purpose, her posture calm yet alert, ready for the battle ahead. She approached the stranger, her tail low but steady, a silent acceptance of his challenge.

With a swift, fluid motion, Ellara circled Eltrys, assessing his stance and the readiness in his eyes. She admired his determination and the way he carried himself, but this was not the time for admiration. She needed to test his resolve and her own. Without warning, she lunged forward, aiming low to test his defenses. Her jaws snapped close to his foreleg, not to wound but to gauge his reaction time and strength. She quickly retreated, dancing back a few steps, her muscles coiled and ready for his counterattack. The Boneyard's eerie silence was now filled with the sound of their breaths and the subtle rustling of their movements, the ancient ground beneath them bearing witness to yet another clash of wills.

[ Ellara vs Eltrys for Spar]
Round 1/?
Size: Extra large
Build: Light
Skills: Beginner Healer & Intermediate Fighter

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (190)

Master Intellectual (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
07-16-2024, 10:00 PM

A young woman emerged from the dust surrounding them. Her visage is calm and serene. Eltrys' arctic blue eyes watch her as she circles him, he sidesteps and keeps her in his view. The dust is kicked up around them and the silence only breaks from their dance over stones and soil.

She was quick! He shoved his antlered helm toward her and pulled his leg back as she dove in for it. She danced back and Eltrys surged forward with his antlers low, he aimed to pick her up under her leg, by the shoulder, and throw her balance off! Driving himself toward her he hoped to knock her down.

Eltrys vs Ellara for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Large
Build: Balanced
Offensive Battle Accessory: Face shield with antlers
Defensive Battle Accessory: leather vest and breastplate
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Professor

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-16-2024, 10:09 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara watched as Eltrys skillfully avoided her initial strike, his movements fluid and controlled. The dust around them swirled, creating an almost ethereal battlefield. As he lunged forward with his antlers aimed at her shoulder, she recognized his intent and swiftly pivoted on her hind legs. Using the momentum of his charge against him, she leaped to the side, avoiding the brunt of his attack. However, his antlers grazed her flank, a reminder of the power he wielded.

Refusing to give him the upper hand, Ellara used the moment of his missed strike to her advantage. She spun around, her powerful legs propelling her forward. With a fierce determination, she aimed for his exposed side, jaws open wide. Her target was his vest, seeking to grip and pull, to unbalance him and create an opening for her next move. The thrill of the fight surged through her, every sense heightened, as the ancient bones around them bore silent witness to their clash.

[ Ellara vs Eltrys for Spar ]
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Light
Skills: Beginner Healer & Intermediate Fighter

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (190)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-16-2024, 10:32 PM

His breath came heavy against the coiling motes, He missed his mark but felt the tug as his antlers hit a new mark on her flank. He'll offer to heal her when their fight is done. He had to remain focused on winning the battle, not worrying about whether he was causing pain. He was supposed to mean to cause pain! It made his chest ache. His silent distraction from his own thoughts gave her the upper hand as her teeth found his vest! He was jerked back and forth but he flung his head back, aiming to scare her off with his dangerous helm, then proceeded to thrust himself up into the air and body slam her body into the ground.

Eltrys vs Ellara for Spar
Round 2 /2
Size: Large
Build: Balanced
Offensive Battle Accessory: Face shield with antlers
Defensive Battle Accessory: leather vest and breastplate
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Professor

"Speech!"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-18-2024, 01:48 AM

And the winner is...ELTRYS

ELTRYS

ELLARA must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

ELLARA:
Attack Roll: 25
Defense Roll: 29
Agility Roll: 99
Perception Roll: 59
Total: 212

Attack[25] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 25.00
Defense[29] + 5% Bonus[1.45]: 30.45
Agility[99] + 5% Bonus[4.95]: 103.95
Perception[59] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 59.00
Total[218.40] + 10% Bonus[21.84]: 240.24

ELTRYS:
Attack Roll: 38
Defense Roll: 49
Agility Roll: 78
Perception Roll: 79
Total: 244

Attack[38] + 15% Bonus[5.70]: 43.70
Defense[49] + 15% Bonus[7.35]: 56.35
Agility[78] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 78.00
Perception[79] + 25% Bonus[19.75]: 98.75
Total[276.80] + 10% Bonus[27.68]: 304.48

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-18-2024, 11:26 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara felt the satisfying grip of her jaws on Eltrys' vest, her tugging motions unbalancing him momentarily. But he recovered quickly, his powerful head flinging back, the antlers forcing her to release her hold and evade his sharp points. She barely had a moment to regroup before he lunged upward, his form a blur of strength and determination. His body crashed into hers with a force that drove the breath from her lungs, sending her sprawling to the ground.

Gasping for air, Ellara felt the weight of his body pressing down, pinning her to the dusty earth. She struggled briefly, her pride urging her to fight on, but the reality of her situation became clear. Eltrys had bested her, and to continue resisting would only prolong the inevitable. With a heavy heart, she ceased her struggling, her body relaxing into the ground as a sign of her submission. She bared her throat slightly, a gesture of yielding to her opponent's superior strength and skill.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (190)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-19-2024, 12:00 AM

Eltrys rolled over her and held her down. She relented to his dominance and he released her. Shaking his pelt to clear his nerves from the adrenaline of the fight.
He turned to his opponent, he was not one to leave his sparring partner to bleed on the ground or rub his win in.

"You did well! I am Eltrys. Guardian of Polaris. Using my vest like that was a good tactic! I can show you some herbs to take care of that scratch and those bruises." He warmly greeted her with his deep baritone voice. He offered a shoulder to help her up off the dusty arena ground.

"Speech!"

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-19-2024, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 05:32 PM by Ellara. Edited 2 times in total.)

Ellara Praetor

Ellara gratefully accepted Eltrys' offer, rising to her feet with his assistance. She shook her thick pelt, dust and small particles flying off in a cloud. Despite the bruises and the scratch on her flank, she felt a sense of accomplishment from the battle, even in defeat.

"Thank you, Eltrys," she said warmly, her striking pink eyes meeting his arctic blue ones. "I'm Ellara Praetor, but you can call me Ella. Your strength and skill are impressive, and I appreciate the spar. I'd be glad see about the herbs you mentioned." She gave a small nod, acknowledging both his victory and his kindness. "It's good to know there are wolves like you protecting Polaris. What is it like there?"

She followed him, eager to learn more from this experienced guardian, her respect for him growing with each step. This encounter, though challenging, had already begun to forge a new understanding and connection, something she valued deeply in the land of Auster.

[1/3 Received a healing lesson from a Professor character]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (190)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-19-2024, 12:53 PM

"Speech"

"Thank you Ella," He responded, the kindness not lost on him. Praetor, he'll do well to remember the name. He braced himself and helped her up, then proceeded to lead her away from the dusty Battledome of bones and blood. Toward a lush copse of trees where the colors of fall and thick berries of grapes lay heavily over the thick trunks of oak and maple.

"Polaris is quiet, secluded. A home for healers, pups, and elders." He spoke of his home with reverence, warmth, and love. "The Kedieo family presides with a polar bear as our current leader." He mentions as he glides into the lush grasses just outside of the Grapevine Cathedral.

He nosed a tall stand of feathery yarrow in full bloom. They perhaps had only a few more weeks before they prepared for the winter rains of Auster.

"This one you might know already, Yarrow. We can put some on your scratches and it'll stop any bleeding." He said, taking a stem and handing it to her. The tight cluster of white flowers on the top gave a somewhat sweet scent.

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-19-2024, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 05:30 PM by Ellara. Edited 9 times in total.)

Ellara Praetor

Ellara followed Eltrys through the battlefield, her steps growing lighter as they left the desolate Boneyard behind and approached a lush copse of trees. The vibrant colors of fall and the heavy clusters of grapes provided a stark contrast to the dust and bones, filling her with a sense of tranquility.

"Polaris sounds like a good place," she said, genuine admiration in her voice. "A home for healers, pups, and elders... it must be a place of peace and wisdom." She paused her steps for a moment and gawked, her pink eyes widening slightly in surprise. "A polar bear? That's incredible. I've never heard of such a thing. Your pack must be truly unique. The bear doesn't try to eat the pups?" Her question may have seemed comical, but her curiosity was genuine.

As they reached the stand of yarrow, Ellara listened intently to Eltrys' explanation. She took the stem he offered, the sweet scent of the white flowers filling her nose. "Thank you," she said softly, appreciating his knowledge and kindness. She chewed the yarrow down carefully, feeling the bitter taste on her tongue, then applied it to the scratch on her flank with a few careful licks. The soothing properties of the herb began to work almost immediately, easing the sting of the wound. Ellara gave a sigh of relief.

"I've never actually used Yarrow on myself," she remarked, a warm smile spreading across her face. "I'm grateful for your help. It's clear that Polaris is not only well-guarded but also well-cared for with you there."

[2/3 Received a healing lesson from a Professor character]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (190)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-19-2024, 03:21 PM

He chuckled and shook his head at the thought of Saga eating their pups.
"She was raised by the Kedieo family and is considered a sister to the previous leader, Haydee." A sadness crosses his visage as he thinks about the small leader. Her hiding was taking a toll on her for sure.
"No, Saga would not eat those she calls her family." He remarks somewhat sullenly.

With the yarrow now on the girl's wound, he turned his attention to a floral bush with a cluster of large yellow daisy-like flowers and leaves like swords.
"Here is Arnica, it mainly grows among the mountains but I've found it in the rockier places along the streams here. You can eat it in very small amounts carefully but we can also make a paste of it and place it along your wounds. Heals the bruises and sprains remarkably fast."

He nods about her remark on Polaris, "We've been keeping to ourselves for the last few seasons. Recovering from a string of tragedies has a way of shaking you to your core. But we will rise again, wiser, stronger. We could do with a few more warriors." He raises a brow at the soft face of rose and chocolate. For some reason, the smaller crimson healer, Melisandre comes to mind. He wonders how she's faring now.

"Speech!"

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-19-2024, 03:45 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara watched Eltrys closely as he spoke, absorbing every word. She felt a pang of empathy at the sadness that crossed his face when he mentioned the previous leader, Haydee. It was clear that Polaris had endured its share of hardships, yet it remained a place of strength and resilience.

As Eltrys turned to the floral bush with large yellow daisy-like flowers, Ellara listened intently. "Arnica," she repeated softly, committing the name to memory. "I'm not familiar with this one." She watched as he demonstrated, taking a small amount of the plant and carefully preparing it. She mimicked his actions, chewing a small amount and then applying it gently to her bruises and sprains. Almost immediately, she felt a soothing sensation spread through her body, easing the aches from their spar.

"Thank you, Eltrys. Your knowledge is truly impressive," she said with genuine admiration. His next words, however, caught her off guard. "Are you inviting me to Polaris?" she asked, her voice tinged with surprise and curiosity.

[3/3 Received a healing lesson from a Professor character]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (190)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-21-2024, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 05:02 PM by Eltrys. Edited 1 time in total.)

He ducked his head in welcome. She was an easy student and with more training, she'd be a formidable foe indeed. With her wounds and bruises taken care of he sat comfortably to answer any further questions she might have.

"I'm no master healer but I've picked up on a few things. If you are looking for a place to call home, the bear Saga would need to get the measure of you first. Though I as Guardian, can put in a good word for you." He was tasked with recruitment, so recruit he will.

She already knew now that they had suffered some losses, but he was determined to help Haydee and Polaris rise from the ashes.

"Speech!"

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (155)

Expert Fighter (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-21-2024, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 05:30 PM by Ellara. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ellara Praetor

Ellara felt a warmth spread through her at Eltrys' words, both from his invitation and the kindness he had shown her. She finished applying the arnica, the soothing effects already beginning to ease her aches. Sitting back, she regarded Eltrys with genuine appreciation.

"Thank you, Eltrys," she said softly, her pink eyes meeting his arctic blue ones. "Your invitation means a lot to me. I promise, once I've made up my mind, I will come find Polaris and meet Saga. And if that day comes, I would be grateful for your good word." She smiled warmly, feeling a sense of connection with the guardian.

Rising to her paws, she stretched slightly, testing the newfound relief in her muscles. "For now, I need to return to my brother. He'll be wondering where I've gone off to." She dipped her head respectfully. "It was an honor to spar with you, and an even greater honor to learn from you. Until we meet again, Eltrys."

With a final nod, Ellara turned and began her journey back, her thoughts filled with the possibilities of the future and the wisdom she had gained from this encounter.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Determined The Boneyard 09:29 PM, 07-16-2024 08:28 PM, 08-11-2024