An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - BisexualSnake Eyes1KDouble Master
08-04-2024, 08:34 AM

Recovery continued to be painfully slow. Dagrún had managed to regain her weight but her internal systems continued to lag behind. The gut troubles continued, her nervous system twitched and coordination was difficult to get in line. It was noticeable in her gait, the effort it took to get her feet to move as they needed to. She'd stumbled many a time on her trek up and down the mountain to her den site to the point she had to move it down to the base. Would she ever be normal again? Was this how her story was going to end?

Dagrún kept to herself, avoiding pack gatherings partly out of a need to rest to recover and also out of shame. Her identity was built around being a proud warrior. It ate at her to have others seeing her struggle in every day tasks.

During one of her lowest nights a raven came to the door of her den with a way forward and un-expected news. Her mother had been seen. Could it be? Her mother would have to be 10 years old or so by now. Dag had assumed she would never see her mother again in this life. But the message had come from her cousin's raven, Hrefna. She trusted the news and the beckoning for a cousin's reunion. A returning to old ways in time for the solstice. It was the life like Dagrún needed. A reminder of who she was and the opening of a new chapter. It was time to leave Polaris.

With her resolution set she tipped back her head and called for Saga.

Saga

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (195)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
08-06-2024, 12:00 AM
She was patrolling the edges of the border when she heard Dagruns call. The woman, from what she was aware, had been ill and not doing well. She was a respected member and warrior of the pack, so Saga gave her all the time and space she needed to heal. But she also knew the woman was stubborn and didn't want to appear helpless, let alone useless. She was curious though. Was Dag starting to feel better and ready to return to duty? She made her way through the land and toward the falls where Dag had moved her den to. Approaching her, she offered a warm smile. "Dagrun, how are you feeling?"

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - BisexualSnake Eyes1KDouble Master
08-16-2024, 08:49 PM

Dagrún pushed her thoughts aside, focusing on her breath and the feelinh of the air in her nose. She took in the sounds of fall, committing these lands to memory, uncertain if she'd be back again. Soon Saga arrived and asked how she was feeling. Dag smiled sadly at the young ursine. "Honestly, it's been a struggle. It's still a struggle. But, I have a thread of hope. Not necessarily for my full recovery but for a bit of closure. I have received news that my mother was seen in lands to the north. With this news and my continued troubles… I think its time I depart from Polaris."

Saga

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (195)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
08-27-2024, 11:51 PM

Dag seemed to be doing better, at least a little bit. But the answer she received quickly went in a direction she was not wholly expecting, though she supposed it was something she could understand in a sense. She was saddened by the news that Dag felt the need to leave the pack, but the young bear kept a neutral and kind look on her face as she nodded in understanding. She would of course, be sad to see her go, but when fate called you in such a way, it was hard to ignore. "I understand, Dagrun. I do wish you the best in your endeavors, and while we will miss you, you are always welcome back should you decide to return to us." She offered a smile before taking a deep breath. Well, it was another gone...but perhaps that was life. She only wished the best for those that continued their journey elsewhere. "You are free to go, and you are welcome to take whatever provisions you may need for your journey. Don't be a stranger, hm?"

"Speak"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. When Can I Breathe Freely? [Saga] Lazuli Falls 08:34 AM, 08-04-2024 10:55 PM, 09-07-2024