gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
LadyElin
08-30-2024, 04:57 PM

It was a misty morning only a few days after Keito's return. She had waited until he had settled in. He may not have noticed the gleaming gold eyes within the deeper shadows of the bamboo on the day of his return but she had been there, watching.

Asahi waited patiently for Keito to settle into his own quarters and rekindle his routines. Then finally this morning, she had been hiding from him these last few days, as she hid from many in the bamboo, she saw him exit his quarters. Then like a practiced hunter, with a whispering push, she leaped through the towering bamboo trunks and attempted to tackle her brother with glee. Only giggling when she made contact with him! She was happy he was home!

Speech // thought // Nihongo

Asahi does not typically speak, even sometimes when she wants to.

Her brother Jiro may enter her threads unannounced!

Keito

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Sinchanted
09-09-2024, 05:17 PM

Keito had barely stepped out of his quarters when a blur of motion shot toward him through the bamboo. Before he could react, Asahi collided with him, and they tumbled to the ground. Keito let out a surprised grunt, quickly recognizing the familiar giggle. His sister’s golden eyes sparkled with mischief as she pinned him for a moment.

“Asahi!” Keito exclaimed, his voice half-laugh, half-gasp as he shifted beneath her, pushing himself up. “I should have known you were watching.”

He gave a rare smile, warm and genuine, as he brushed off the dirt. “I’ve missed you too.”

Though his time away had hardened him, this playful reunion with his sister stirred something deep inside - reminding him of simpler days. Standing, he offered her a paw.

"Speech"

CODE BY SIN

Asahi

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Expert Healer (130)

Expert Hunter (130)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
LadyElin
09-11-2024, 01:40 PM

She even got to pin him! Her tail reflected her exuberant delight at catching him unawares with a high fast wagging! She tumbled over giggling as she let him get up. She gave him happy half-moon eyes as he remarked that he should have known she was watching. Yes! He certainly should have!

He offered her a paw to help her up, she let him help her. She had so much to tell him! But she didn't know where to start! Might as well show him. She nodded for him to follow her to her quarters. She had a few things to ask of him before she left on her quest! She was a little sad that she would be leaving so soon after he got home.

Her quarters were a bit of a mess, low surfaces cluttered with maps, a compass, some ink wells and brushes. If one would take a cursory glance over Asahi's pelt, maybe she had a few more black spots than she did before. A knapsack was sitting on the side of her tatami mat, half packed with a few bandages and other traveling items. Her quarters were a little harder to squeeze into than the others, so the Kaicho hadn't been able to see her level of disarray and scold her disapprovingly. But since Keito wasn't dire height, he should be able to enter it without much trouble.

She ignored the mess and brought out a fresh pot of jasmine green tea already steeping. She offered to pour him a cup lifting the pot and using her eyes to suggest it.

Keito

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Sinchanted
09-13-2024, 01:05 AM

Keito followed Asahi to her quarters, noticing the energy in her step despite the subtle sadness in her eyes. He didn’t have to ask why: her space spoke volumes. The clutter of maps, ink wells, and brushes revealed plans, and the half-packed knapsack hinted at her upcoming departure. He swallowed the wave of disappointment, keeping his composure.

Asahi offered him a cup of tea, and Keito nodded with a quiet smile. "Thank you," he said, sitting down, mindful of the limited space. He accepted the tea, letting its warmth settle in his paws. "Looks like you’ve been busy."

He glanced at the knapsack, then back at her, his voice gentle. "You’re leaving soon, aren’t you?" Though his tone was calm, the weight of their reunion felt fleeting. He sipped the tea, savoring its jasmine fragrance. "Tell me, Asahi, is there any way I can help you?" He had half a mind to go with her, wherever it was - but he knew his training was important with how long he had been away.. Hanzo might disown him if he left again. He tried to push away the thought.

"Speech"

CODE BY SIN

Asahi

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Expert Healer (130)

Expert Hunter (130)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
LadyElin
09-15-2024, 10:39 PM

Asahi poured her brother and herself a cup, the picture of demure grace that had been so much of their mother. That was until she spilled her own cup and then set the tea pot down a little too forcefully and slid on a piece of paper while she went to grab a rag to clean it up.

She mopped it up quickly and nodded, yes she had been busy. And yes, she nodded as she settled in front of him, she was leaving soon. It was... scary to say the least.

With a sigh, she felt the warmth of the tea enter her paws, and she looked about the chaos of her quarters. Why their father tasked her with this quest over the others she'll never understand, but she'll do her best regardless.

"I'm going to find..." Her voice soft, light and sweet entered the air. It was probably the first time he had ever heard it as she had found her voice after he had left. She took a steadying breath, "Oto-san has tasked me with going out and bringing our older siblings home for a reunion, on the summer solstice." While her voice was a hair above a whisper, it was careful as if each word was practiced and took some effort to leave her tongue.

"I was hoping you could... tell me what it was like traveling. And where I might start first." She said, taking a gentle sip of the tea. Her golden eyes, a near match to Keito's hue, danced between his to measure his reaction.

Keito

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Sinchanted
Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Keito’s paws froze mid-sip as Asahi’s voice filled the air. His eyes widened in shock, nearly dropping his cup. She spoke. For a moment, he couldn’t find his own words, too stunned to react. He had left when she was still silent, her finding her voice while he was gone was a revelation that hit him deeply.

He placed his cup down slowly, his gaze never leaving her. “Asahi... you spoke,” he whispered, awe and emotion filling his voice. He leaned in slightly, his heart swelling with a mix of pride and disbelief. “I... I never thought I’d hear you.”

His chest tightened, but he quickly steadied himself, not wanting to overwhelm her. “Oto-san tasked you with this?” Keito’s surprise grew even more, though he could see the weight it placed on her. Our older siblings. The thought alone was daunting. “It’s dangerous out there,” he said, his voice soft but serious. “But I can help. I’ll tell you everything I know, where I’ve been.”

He smiled gently, his heart still reeling. “I’m just… really proud of you.”

"Speech"

CODE BY SIN