size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020
10-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Viviane haunted the edge of the pack land nervously, shifting from paw to paw as she stared into the picturesque rolling pastures of Avalon. There wasn't any real reason to be nervous, honestly, and it was silly of her to act like a pup on her first outing. She had ties to the alpha of this pack through Ardyn, so it wasn't even like they were complete strangers (though they essentially were) and she did have good reason to think that they'd be on good terms.

It was just that... she'd never considered, her whole life, living anywhere but in Valhalla. Even after that pack had folded she'd stayed in the former pack lands. Of course, that was before the Raiders had moved in, and slowly encroached more and more into her daily life. First she'd been forced to move out of the family den where she'd been born and raised, forced to leave her mother's grave behind and move to Valhalla's other land, the plains that were nearly as familiar to her. It had been sad, but she'd still been in lands she'd roamed her whole life and she'd been... nearby where she wanted to be, so it hadn't been so bad. But recently, the Raiders had expanded - again - and she'd been pushed out of even the plains, forced to flee from her lifelong home by the border markers and guards. Now she was adrift and lost, without even any idea where her siblings were or where any other former members of Valhalla were to try to tag along with them. She didn't know anywhere she could go that had any ties to her old life, except this one.

But... they weren't allies. Viviane didn't know why that was, and what it would mean for her. What reason would this Corbie have to accept her into the pack, when she hadn't even been allied to Valhalla when it had been around? And frankly Viv was desperate for a safe haven, so the possibility of being turned down had her anxious and jittery.

Finally though she raised her graying muzzle and called out questioningly for the alpha, letting her know that she had a visitor.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
3 hours ago
Corbie tilted her head, hearing an unfamiliar voice calling for her. It had been some time since Avalon had had a stranger visit. It was with a spring in her step that the alpha trotted off to the border to answer the call. The wolf at the border was indeed a stranger, a golden-and-white female with bright green eyes and graying muzzle, a stranger that smelled strongly of herbs in the way that those who spend a great deal of time around them tend to. With a smile, Corbie nodded a greeting to the wolf. "Hello - I'm Corbie, alpha of Avalon. How can I help you?"
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Viviane

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020
1 hour ago
Even expecting the alpha to come to the call, Viviane still jumped a little bit when the black and white wolf seemed to suddenly pop up near her. She gave the younger wolf a bright, if tentative, smile. "Hello, Corbie. It's nice to meet you. I'm Viviane Adravendi - I belonged to Valhalla, before it dissolved." With her credentials established, she took a deep breath before diving into the reason she'd called. "I'd been staying in one of Valhalla's old lands until the Raiders moved into it, so I moved into the other territory. Unfortunately, they recently claimed that one too, and I am afraid I have nowhere else to go that I know well enough to be safe. I was hoping..." She shrugged, smiling hopefully. "I was hoping I'd be able to join your pack? If you need a healer? I know I'm not exactly young and strong anymore, and I've never been much of a hunter, or a fighter, but I hope that my experience outweighs that and I might... still be of use for you."

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
1 hour ago
Corbie listened quietly to the older woman. She hadn't known that the Raiders had claimed another land for their own - she honestly had concerns, separate from Viviane's plight, about the idea of the Raiders expanding even more - and filed that away to investigate more later, when she could. Maybe she could send one of the pack's warriors to investigate... but she hated the idea of sending someone into danger when she could just go herself. Her heart went out to Viviane, alone and clearly lonely and with a large pack slowly taking over her old home. "Of course you are welcome," she assured her warmly. "We aren't a war like pack that we need a great many fighters, and the sheep keep us fed well enough that we don't need a great many hunters either. I am not concerned at all about that. You are welcomed on your own merits and life experience and because we would not have turned away someone in need, but doubly so welcomed as a healer. I will be happy to have you call Avalon home, Viviane."
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times