Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
-
build
-
player

ContributorPride - PansexualEaster 2022Rapid Poster - SilverToys for Tots
04-17-2018, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 07:42 PM by Nyx.)
Future Discussion

So, as fun as it is to come up with things behind the scenes and surprise you all, we think it's just as important to know what you want to see happen on Ardent in the future. I'm going to lay out a few points that I (and some of the staff) have discussed in the past and see what you guys think. Feel free to give your own input, even if it's wildly different than what anyone else has mentioned.  Also feel free to argue certain things; i.e. tell me why my ideas suck, or give me potential downfalls.

1. Site events are the first thing I'd like some input on. While I think random skill-focused random events are fun, and plan to keep doing those, I do sometimes feel we lack large in-character events.

For anyone new to Ardent, here's some examples of global events in the past: Halloween 2017 Event, Halloweeen 2016 Event, Site Epidemic, Severe Weather Event, Site Plague. Please note that other events have happened, but these are some of the major ones for anyone who might be unfamiliar with our history.

We have moved away from forced events, as some people become uncomfortable when they are made to do something they're not willing to (note: we would never do anything such as force injuries or anything long-lasting on anyone's character without their express consent. In the past we have done site plagues where, although wolves were randomly chosen to contract the plague, they never had any chance of actually dying from the illness), but that doesn't mean they are not possible.

I am definitely interested in more events that effect wolves all across Boreas and Auster. Events, especially ones that involve some kind of collaboration (or even cause more rivalry among wolves than there already is?) are super fun, in my mind. It's a bit harder to come up with global things, as there are so many different cultures and religions amongst our characters, but the more widely-involved everyone is, I think makes it more fun.

Please don't suggest events that would totally ruin our current map, since I'd like to stick with it for awhile, lmao.

2. Skills! Skills are fun, but they don't have any end-game element now that we've always hoped to work towards. Here are some things I've been mulling over involving skills:

Navigation - Adding hidden lands that can only be accessed by navigators of certain skill level. Perhaps random events might happen here? The most dangerous ones, only accessible by wolves of high skill level, could have dangers (randomly rolled injuries) that require healing to fix before they can move beyond those lands. (My worry with this is having too much pressure on staff to watch these characters and make sure they're not breaking rules or slipping through the cracks with injuries). If injuries are a risk, should rewards somehow be given? Or would navigators simply go to these areas for the fun of it?

Healing - An herb inventory!!! I personally would love this, and love using it. Let healers (or anyone) attempt to gather an herb and a dice roll would determine if it was successful or not. (Not sure if the RNG of this would bug people or not - or even if balancing difficulty of herb with level of skill of the character would be too much or not...) But why? I wonder if people would still do this even if herbs weren't specifically required for anything, and worry about not having a "point" for them.

That leaves intellect, fighting, and hunting...

I don't see us ever really FORCING players to hunt/eat. I feel that takes away from the more creative aspect of our site, and it'd feel like another task (I think pack meetings and trainings take up that slot for most of us, and another "requirement" would just be cumbersome).

Would it be fair to add features to healing and navigation without focusing on the other 3? Perhaps we ought to consider items for each of the skills; or is this getting too much like a video game for everyone's comfort?  

Another thought I had was to somehow come up with quests, involving players to do certain tasks or collect certain items for some kind of reward. What reward, though? We already have enough ways to gain Gems (I think) and I feel gem rewards would require some kind of new thing to sink Gems into to make it even out.

3. We have had plans to work on "Specializations" for awhile now, which is basically a bonus perk once you hit the highest mastery in a skill. What do you guys want to see out of these?  Some might be easier than others - for example, fighting perks, but would, say, a healing perk really matter if healing isn't ever really required? Should Specializations merely be things to add to a character's personality?

Examples of possible specializations: Mercenary, Fisher, Messenger, Collector, Scholar, Crafter, Herder, Religious Zealot, Mountain Climber... etc. Sort of like how duties used to be (many, many years ago!). Only more focused on your character's personality.

Or am I simply thinking too much, and are people interested in leveling and achieving these things simply for the sake of character development and nothing else?

Maybe we could get small, cute pixel icons to designate mastery of skills to place on the mini-profile (to the left of posts) at the very least. Or custom titles?

Example: for Explorer.

4. Fight system! On this one I'm speaking solely from my perspective, not sure what the other staff think entirely so please don't take this as a staff-wide thing.

Our current judging system takes way too long (this is of NO fault of the judges AT ALL, but because our system is very thorough and complex). While I think some level of this is important, and I know players appreciate the feedback, I do think that at least some level of RNG would help a lot. 1, it'd make our judges lives easier. 2. It would make players more inclined to fight, and give a leg up to players who might not necessarily be the best (subjective) writers, but might gladly participate in fight training and gain experience.

I think this would mostly be based on RNG, perhaps partially an effort score, as well as minor bonuses for trained fighters.

Would this be fair for.. say.. pack challenges? Force claims? Maims? Death matches? I think we may have to re-work some of our fight rules to make these things less random, but I think it's something we should seriously consider. Also, we'd need a way to record rolls so there is no proof of cheating.

I know this is getting super excessive, but this is all stuff I've been considering for a long time. Please, please, throw me your input!! I'm interested, and I'll respond, and hopefully it will help us all work out our thoughts clearly!

As a note, all final decisions about these things will be made by staff - we aren't able to please everyone, of course, but we will keep (and always have!) everyone's opinions in mind. We're here to make this site fun for you guys, after all! <3

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
04-17-2018, 09:01 PM
So some of you know I have been playing around with a skill-based dice roll system for fighting and hunting. I hadn't gotten more than a general theory for hunting but if you are interested in seeing what I had so far here is a general idea of it from the aborted alpha testing in Celestial fight training:

When you're assigned a partner, you will each post a round of your fight (in this thread please) with your character's name and your opponent's name, the round (please agree on the amount of rounds prior so we know when we're stopping) and your characters two skills with their levels. Whatever your character's skill points are when the fight starts is going to be locked in for the duration of the fight out of fairness.

Example:

Wolf A vs Wolf B
Round 1/3
Beginner Healer 10
Advanced Fighter 65

You don't need to go into as much detail in the post itself as a judged fight, but you still need to avoid power play and godmoding, because remember that's the right thing to do in any thread! Once that round has been posted for both characters, alert me and I will roll a die for each skill for each character.

But different levels of experience will count towards their likelihood to win! The skills will be matched up based on similar types first (like if they both have a fight skill that skill will be compared together and then their other skill will be compared) but in the event that they have completely different skill types they will be matched based on which ones are closest in points.

So how does that work? Well, if the two characters' skill is equal in rank, they will each have a D6 (a six-sided die) rolled for that skill. If there is one skill rank difference the higher rank rolls a D8 instead. Two ranks difference, a D10. Three a D12. Basically every rank higher than your opponent's rank gives two higher numbers you could possibly get. Once the two characters have a score for each of their skills, each character's two numbers are added together and the higher number wins that round.

Then, you move on to the next round! Remember, spars must be at least three rounds and preferably be odd numbered rounds to prevent ties. You need a clear winner to claim points for non-judged spars so we don't want ties if we can help it. But ties will be decided by a single tiebreaker round so don't worry too much!

Elias

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Emaciated
player
Sinchanted

Famous
04-19-2018, 07:09 AM
I'm here to say that specializations sound awesome and I would be very happy to see them implemented, it is a nice way to see at a glance the direction that people have gone with their characters- ones that you might not have had the chance to follow, and it's sort of like.. a little badge for what you've accomplished. I would love that!

Also, for the rolling system in fights- this is something I'm very used to over on Furcadia. However, when we used it it was always something that had to be agreed upon for both parties before it happened. Most of the time, we had general fight rules that people followed. But, if people wanted to leave it up to chance for fun roleplay, we did have options to implement dice into our fights.

Actually, here is what I implemented in my own dream that I ran on Furcadia when using dice rolls/RNG.
Quote:Dodge Rule or Chance?;
By default, all players must abide by Whisperwood's dodge rule when fighting. Your character may dodge no more than two hits in a row. If you dodge two, the third one you will have to take. Whenever you take a hit, the two dodge grace starts over so be wise about which hits you pass up and which ones you let land.

Feel like taking a gamble? If the dodge rule doesn't work for you, and as long as all participants agree, you may use dice. Using this dice system is optional.

For chance battles, each player will start off with 10 points, and by the end of the rounds, the opponent holding the highest amount of points will win. At the end of each round, the points should be tallied so everyone knows where they are at. If your character goes below 0 points, you automatically lose and are out of the battle.

Point System;
To gain points, you land attacks.
+1 point for a minor attack. (Shove, trip, light scratch.)
+2 points for a normal attack. (Scratch, short bite.)
+3 points for a grip or stun. (Pin, long bite, causing disorientation, temporary blinding.)
+4 points for a severe attack. (Maim, large gash, permanent blinding, etc.)

Point deductions are from injuries.
-1 point for light scratches, moderate bruising, and other lesser attacks.
-2 points for moderate scratches/bites to severe bruising.
-3 points for severe bites, maims or landed grips/stuns.

Dice Roll;

Once an attack is made, a twelve sided die is rolled by the attacker to decide if the attack lands. Each attack must be specified in the roll. All attacks are rolled for separately. Note that you must specify what intensity you are trying for. For instance, if your character is trying to bite- are you trying a normal attack bite for two points, a bite and hold for three points, or a severe attack bite (like a bite/hold/thrash) for four points? Be careful! Because if you do not get the specified intensity you tried for it does not mean you can switch to a lesser one, you would just miss the attack entirely.
4+ to land minor attacks.
6+ to land normal attacks.
8+ to land a grip/stun.
10+ for severe.

Evade;

Once all attacks are rolled for, the next step is evade. If an attack is landed, you can roll to avoid the attack. The defendant rolls the same die and specifies which attack they are trying to avoid. If you choose to, you can skip this step if you do not want your character to avoid attacks. Keep in mind that if your modifiers for evade add up to less than -4 you will not be able to avoid any attacks, as you need a roll of at least 9 to grant the dodge.

NOTE: If your character is trying to be pinned/held/grappled, you can attempt to evade as normal. If your evade fails, your character is in a pin/hold you do not get to evade attacks after that point. Instead, after your opponent attacks again use 'roll 1d2' to see if your character is able to break free in your next post. 1 you are still locked, 2 you can break free. Modifiers do not apply to this roll.

Modifiers;

That would be the +2 you are seeing at the end of our rolls. Modifiers may be required depending on the specifics of your characters. Realistically, some wolves have higher chances than others when it comes to battle- even though this is a chance battle, we'd like to keep some realism true to the gamble.

Attack Modifiers;
+1 if your character is between the ages 3-6
-1 if your character is below 2
-1 if your character is older than 10
+1 if your character is 4+ inches taller than the defendant
+1 if your character weighs 30+ lbs more than the defendant
+1 if your character is of beta or higher ranking
-1 if your character is a slave or omega
+2 if your character has the defendant in a hold/pin.

Evade Modifiers;
+1 if your character is between ages 3-6
-1 if your character is below 2
-1 if your character is older than 10
+1 if your character is shorter 32"
+1 if your character is less than 120 lbs
-1 if your character is taller than 38"
-1 if your character is more than 150 lbs
+1 if your character is of beta or higher ranking
-2 if your character is stunned, blinded, or otherwise temporarily disoriented.

Dice rolls/modifers do not effect how many points are granted from the landed hit. Keep track! Once the rounds are finished, points will be added/subtracted and the opponent with the highest score wins.

Disclaimer: Elias suffers from schizophrenia and occasionally has violent outbursts.

Tag Me!

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
04-19-2018, 11:15 AM
1. I love events, both IC and OOC. I think these could be easily tied into skills later, giving skills yet another use (I'll type an example later.)

2. Skills! I think there should totally be skill-locked actions. We could treat them in the same way we do skill claims. EX, if an expert healer wants to collect a rare plant or use a rare plant, they can, but a lower-level one can't. Or if expert hunters have a wider range of prey they can kill or are able to hunt larger prey by themselves. I mean, Idk how much monitoring this would take for real.

An easier one would be Navigation because if you had boards for high-level navigators only (like steep cliffs, caves, mountain tops) then no one else should post there except experts. Put the name in red or do like "[Expert only] Pretty Peaks." If anyone else posts there, it's pretty apparent. Or it could serve to be something like "If you go here and you're not expert level, you're automatically subject to an 'accident' roll" or something.

IDK about adding items. With dice rolls or inventory or whatever, it does get pretty close to a game... I also like those types of games usually. I like earning things. I like saying "yeah well only 3 characters can do. have this particular thing and I'm one of them," but I'm not sure how others feel.

3. I LOOOOVE the idea of specializations. Both IC and OOC. I think it should def come after mastering a skill, but idk how all to implement that for IC. I'm sure we could find ways.

I'll pm you something I thought about this as pertaining to a pack!

4. I think the current system not only takes entirely too long,, but its inefficient and seems to really bog down and stress out the staff. Everyone is waiting for that judging and everyone has real lives. Something that ICly would be simple (a spar), suddenly gets pushed back because it's not urgent to judge. I think my last spar took around 6mos to get judged and I can't even lie and say I wasn't a little irritated and deterred from fighting again. Sparring is essential to building up those skill points, but it's also not urgent.

I can totally understand staff taking a while on them. I doubt they're much fun. I think the system needs to be revamped for sure.

Dice rolls are quick and easy, however, they tend to fail us when we need them most and for that reason I feel like they can't be relied upon for anything other than spars unless both parties agree. But then again, if that's the case, and skills play into the rolls, then anyone facing a real challenge might simply forsake the dice rolls because it would automatically give the more skilled opponent a large leg up.

To even that out, it could be an addition to total score on non-dice fights and an addition to rolls on dice fights? That way it's always beneficial to have the more practiced character?

I definitively had my fair share of losing to lower-leveled players on another site I was on. My character fought so much, he was a master, but his rolls ALWAYS sucked and he lost more than he won. Now if anyone had decided to maim or DM him, I can't say for sure how I'd feel since I always felt his rolls were bad. Granted, that's the risk you run when playing an asshat.

For spars, I'm totally for dice. For more serious claims... I'll have to think more on it haha.

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
04-19-2018, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 03:33 PM by Tealah.)
Ok some things that have been discussed recently re: fight system

• - Using a skills-based dice roll system for Tier 2 fights and a full judging for Tier 1 fights

• - Separating maims into two categories ex. minor maims are Tier 2 and major maims Tier 1 to differentiate
    • - Minor maims = scarring, tail docking, minor tendon damage/broken bones that don't permanently cripple (but may cause a minor limp, etc)
    • - Major maims = blinding, castration, major tendon damage/broken bones with the intent to permanently cripple

• - Only minor maims/dominance/claim matches allowed in raids to make them faster/easier/less debilitating than sieges

• - Only major/minor maims, dominance, claims allowed in sieges? ie: no DMs because they'd hold up everyone else (we already don't allow pack challenges during sieges)

• - Allowing battle-related accessories to be used in battle provided it's crafted and placed in your inventory, or purchased as an accessory
    • - Defensive items would only be able to cover a certain amount of the body so that the opponent still has a chance to hit you IC (that means no suits of armor, sorry)
    • - Offensive items would need to be used realistically (swinging a sword would be rather awkward using just your mouth, you know)
    • - Will only provide a small bonus to the dice roll
    • - Possibly not allowed in Tier 1 fights?
      • - If allowed, to add a modifier to the judge form or no? Undecided

• - Single dice roll at the end with modifiers built in, or multiple dice rolls for different categories and their modifiers and then added into a total score?
    • - If doing a category based roll system, different mastery specialties could tie into bonuses. Ex - a fighter/healer masters healing and chooses a specialty that gives a bonus to attack because they can use their knowledge of the body to allow them to strike with maximum efficiency
      • - Build would give a bonus to specific categories. Heavy build = attack or defense. Light = evasion, medium = half the bonus goes to each, emaciated and obese = half the build bonus is subtracted from both

Just some more to think about and to keep you guys in the loop as we work through these.

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
04-19-2018, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 07:14 PM by Brandr.)
1.  Yes please! I really have enjoyed the site events in the past and I'd like to see them continue. Natural disasters are always a good option for these but I don't have any specific ideas.

2. I'd like to see the skills utilized more. I think they do give a great advantage in fighting but it would be nice to see them used in other areas. Again, I don't have any specific ideas right now. It's been a long week and I'm mentally shot but I wanted to show my support!  

3. Yay specializations!  I like that list you're working on right now. I think I dimly remember seeing the duties and I found them pretty interesting but I believe the system died around the time I joined. I adore the Explorer icon!  -grabby Pyralis paws-  I think it would be nice to see the skills integrated into the game more but I don't think you need to over do it either. I'm speaking for myself but I do like to level up skills for fun and for bragging rights.  -gestures to Pyralis-

4. Yes please!  We really need to do something about this. On average it takes us about 5 hours to judge a fight thoroughly which is insane!  That's a good chunk of the day and when most of us work full time or are juggling kids it makes it impossible to get them done in a decent amount of time. Simplifying the judging form helped a bit but we need to do more. There had been some discussion about using a dice rolling system and I defer to Tea on this!  I believe staff is working on this now and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

For my two cents I think it would be good to use it on Spars, Dominance Matches and Minor Maims (like scarring, missing ear, etc.)  Yes, maims should be divided by severity.

• Yes, I think only minor maims, dominance and claims should be allowed in raids. That last raid between Celestial and Talis was utterly ridiculous in terms of the maims. As raids were meant to be sort of a fun, less punishing way to allow for pack conflict I think the really nasty maims should be barred. The only exception I could maybe see being added is if there is a legit IC beef between two particular characters but that is going to be subjective and difficult to determine.

• Yes, I'd like to see the DM's taking out of the sieges. It discourages regular members of packs from participating or makes it more perilous to do so even if their character does not have a direct reason to be targeted. DM's should only occur when there's a good IC reason between the characters.

• Not sure how I feel on the battle-related accessories yet. It's an interesting idea but I'd like to see the regular fights get pinned down first.

• Maaaaattthhhhhhh  - I can't math right now  I'm sorry  xD

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
04-24-2018, 07:52 PM
The thing is is that I like games with inventories and items to collect and idk oh- maybe traveling healers can only choose 3+ their skill level amount of herbs on them if they have a bag or something. It would amp up trade and stuff and it would give a cool crafting skill.

Then again, adhering to this would be harder. But I like the idea of say a fighter owning a defensive item or fangs mutation etc giving a plus one to damage rolls or something.

Like a healer can heal someone and it will shorten the time of healing if they use herbs from their inventory.

Otherwise they can still heal and fight as they normally did OOC, still get points, but with less perks.

But like I said. I like games with numbers and drops and rare items and pixels and such. IDK how much of that should be brought onto Ardent, but I'm totally not against it.

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022LegendaryCritical Fail!Treat 2019
04-24-2018, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2018, 11:42 PM by Dragon.)
1. I am 100% all for site wide events. I really loved the plague and epidemic events and i think there should be more like that. Also, maybe we could have players volunteer whatever chars of theirs they want and a randomizer or something could determine who's affected out of that list and would be required to play out what affects them? I have no problem just throwing all my chars into something like that, makes for more drama/development and things like that. I also think we should maybe have more natural disaster type events or something that would force packs/characters to work together or against each other. Like a huge fire sweeping through the lands started by lightning or something idk. Packs and/or loners would need to work together or against each other (ie raiding for supplies/water/food if other surrounding lands are burned to a crisp/driving off prey to farther locations or packlands)for survival.

2. I do like the idea of navigators finding new and hidden lands if they're a high enough skill level. What about chars with other skills though? Navigators and healers are pretty much covered here, but i'm sure we could come up with something for the other skills as well. I agree with Iko's suggestions on healing/navigating. If you're a certain level, then the herbs you are allowed to collect should be dependent on that. Like experts being able to collect the rare herbs, whereas a novice/beginner shouldn't be able to let alone have that knowledge (unless someone taught them about it), but still, higher skilled characters should get the benefits of finding the rarer herbs. It makes sense to me, at least. Or at least implement a dice roll or something to see if lower level characters are even successful in finding/collecting that herb y'know?

I do very much like the idea of the site having a video game feel. I'm a gamer myself as are most of us, so I am all for it. I am also in favor of having herb inventory, and I also think food inventory should be a thing. If not for everyone then I think it should be implemented for packs. I feel it would get people to work together more and actually post more to pack hunts and such since I notice a lot of pack hunts either don't get responses or the turn out they should be getting. And more often than not, they're never completed.

It would also encourage players/characters to trade with others. Like if a beginner/novice needs a rarer herb then they need to trade with a higher level character who would have that item. Otherwise they're outta luck :P

As for quests, yes please! 100% bring them in we need this! I think it would be fun to do! There could be a mix of prizes, if not gems then maybe items or possibly even donation items for those who can't afford to donate. Depending on the difficulty of the quest, of course. And if not items from the gemstore then maybe reward characters with inventory stuff (Ex. intermediate healer would get rewarded with a rare herb or two) or something like that.

3. Specializations need to be a thing. 100%. I miss the duties that we had back on EOP, those were always pretty nifty and i liked the bonuses they gave (the only one i clearly remember is defender and whatever ones pertained to fighting) but I remember sweetheart, fisher, daredevil, etc. I think those should come back, it not only gave perks/bonuses but they also kinda gave an idea of certain character personalities??

4. I am just gonna go ahead and say both of tea's ideas on this are great XD

Maims should be separated by severity, and I think dice rolls should be used on the simpler stuff like regular spars/minor maim fights/ dominance fights, and maaaaybe claims?? But for major maims and everything else, idk about the dice rolls on those.

I am also in favor of the battle armor/battle accessories. It would be interesting and would encourage players to craft those items to see how well they did or didn't work. I mean, I'm just gonna agree with all that tea put down at this point XD it's a lot to go through at this point lol. I also agree with Iko on her ideas because everything I've thought up pretty much is in everyone else's mind too apparently.

4. I reeeaaalllyyy want to see something implemented for hunts. Dice rolls to determine if a hunt is successful or not. IRL even animals aren't always guaranteed to bring down their prey. Especially if it's a few or one going up against something that could hurt them back or even environmental factors. Someone could twist a paw or fall in a hole or something. As mentioned before, I think food stores/inventory should be a thing for packs at least. with a spoilage system (could also be implemented for herbs) but again, maybe mainly for packs. Unless a loner has a bag or something to store that stuff then I don't see their food/herbs lasting very long.

5. I would also like to see environment play a role in fights. like if a character says its raining in the post but nobody acknowledged the frickin mud that could end up making them slip and stuff. OR maybe before the actual fight starts, a judge or staff or whatever could determine what type of environment (like if it's raining, slippery, rocks everywhere, etc) and players gotta work that in to their posts. Or not, idk. I just think realistically, if its raining or snowing, someone's gonna lose their footing and fall on their ass.

6. Trading system. I very much liked the idea that Fox had cooked up and it would be neat to see that implemented.

Overall this would all be trial and error. We test it out, tweak it, if it doesn't work fix it or toss it out. Everything has flaws but that's why we test it out. I'm willing to throw my chars in all this and/or test it out with my own pack at some point.

I also realize my shit is probably all over the place, and I apologize. wasn't easy trying to focus on this with a toddler constantly bothering me X'D
Tracker||Plot with me!

Dragon never goes anywhere without his Dragon armor, assume he is always wearing it unless otherwise mentioned! He also has a pair of seeing eye jaguars, assume they're always present unless otherwise mentioned.

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
05-08-2018, 08:36 PM
1. Of course!! I absolutely love the idea of IC events to effect the way things are in roleplay It add's extra twists to the whole experience and really gives you something to think about when rping wolves.

Skill events are great!! I think it's a really fun idea to give your wolf something new and exciting to do instead of doing the same skill point over and over. It really tests my knowledge of what could be done and how exactly a wolf would do it.

Global events I like to, you can interact with more then just three characters about what's going on, gives you reasons to travel and spread news and generally decide what direction you need to take (weather related if your lone wolf joins with a pack or chances it alone against the weather). I've always liked this because a lot of times I'm afraid to start my threads off with anything major such as a huge thunderstorm or extremely high tide because I have always felt it may deter others from wanting to join that thread. Versus site wide you can pick particular areas that are effected and if you don't want to participate you don't post in that area (I'm hopefully making sense here)

Hmmm.... I personally don't know that I would mind my wolf being selected for the plague or something knowing that you do not force long lasting effects to alter the character, thought maybe instead of force, make a thread asking who would like to enter their wolf in a chance for some sort of illness or injury. If it isn't long lasting I would totally be up for it!!!

Saint Patty's day gold find! - Like Halloween of 2016 I think it would be cool for the month of st. Patty's we pick a few lands that you can post in and if you post the thread link in the event thread you may have a chance to win a sort of accessory like necklace or bracelets to maybe even like baskets or small bags. (You can definitely figure up a new name I suck at names lol)

I think we should also have small random events were wolves can stumble across trinkets that can't really be used for anything other then decorations, so that lone wolves can trade with packs and what not. (This being like gems, metal cups, jars, glass globes, small figurines, ect) Just little stuff that won't be useful, but may be considered collectables? It will help with trying to set up trades with others.

I can think up a few more with some time :)

2. I love the idea of making additions for higher ranked skills! I think it helps give you something more to work towards and if we do thing like rolls for herb inventory should be effected that higher skill ranks have better chances of finding more rare herbs.

I think lands only accessed by high ranking navigators is a cool thing though I don't know if dangers are real favorable, I like the idea of either having knowledge of a mysterious place for bragging rights is cool or rewards, like maybe bigger companions then you can buy... Idk just a thought.

I think we should still focus on the other 3, but I'm not sure on what special things w can add for higher rank skills in these categories that really make sense.

3. I do love those pixels and though I don't know how the duties were long ago so I can't really say how I would feel about that. I think anything for bragging rights gives someone incentive to work towards.

4. I have never been real good at understanding the fighting system and honestly I have been rather intimidated of actually trying to do any fights or spars. There is also another reason, it seems to take a decent amount of time for things to get judged (which I'm vary understanding of this because I know how life can be.). So I am honestly all for a easier way for things to be judged and to ease the lives of staff and judges.

I'd be willing to see how dice rolls go, but this is not my strong spot per say lol.

Chroma

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
05-08-2018, 09:45 PM
I really have no ideas about this, but i do agree with almost every thing. I just don't see why we can't keep are own fighting system, though if we could have more judges or something that doesnt make a major changed that would be great.