size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

Critical Observation!Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
06-05-2024, 09:54 PM
Only a few days had passed since the official announcement of the change in leadership of the pack to the rest of Elysium's members, but he knew he would need to get to work quickly. Elysium had sat stagnant for far too long and while he didn't expect to radically change that overnight, he wanted to start laying the ground work at least. The first part of that was going to be establishing more firm opinions and connections to certain packs–starting with one that they had shared a border with for so long now, but had yet to really share more than a passing greeting with.

It was a very quick trip to go across the Rock Garden and find himself at the fringes of the Stone Steppe. It was early in the afternoon now so hopefully he was arriving at an agreeable time for the Hemlock alpha. After giving his coat a quick shake to make sure he looked presentable after a morning spent hunting and chasing young pups around the island, he lifted his head to call for Delphi. His tone was calm, wanting her to know this wasn't urgent even though he did wish to have an audience with her. He didn't know if much would come from this meeting, but if nothing else he wanted to put a face to a name.

"Deimos Mendacium"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - GoldWordyUnderachieverCritical Fail!
06-13-2024, 05:01 PM

As of late, Delphi felt that most of her time was spent running around. She was trying her damnedest to do something for Hemlock even if the others didn't seem to appreciate it. Sun up to sun down, she was out gathering, hunting, patrolling. Doing anything and everything she could think of to help keep the supply full through the winter and into spring until new life began to show its face.

By early afternoon, she was ready for something to eat or a nap or hell, even both. Anything to refuel herself for the rest of the day. As she arrived at her den that she shared with Astraios, a call echoes out from the border nearby. Stopping to look, her eyes narrowing, she notices a large purplish figure that she doesn't recognize as Avacyn whom she'd met at the Hallows alpha meeting. Well, if they were coming from Elysium territory, it was probably of some important - even if the note ringing out from the howl implied that it wasn't urgent.

Dropping her stuff at the door and leaving her companions to finish putting stuff away, Delphi makes her way toward where Deimos stands at the border. She looks him over once or twice before giving him a smirk that told more than any other alpha would care to show. But it was Delphi and reserved she was not. "I suppose you know who I am, but apologies that I have no idea who you are," she speaks with a friendly and humorous tone as her docked tail swishes behind her.

Deimos

Elysium
King

Master Fighter (260)

Advanced Hunter (90)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

06-15-2024, 03:50 PM
Deimos settled back on his haunches while he waited for Delphi to respond to his summons, peering across the Steppe in the mean time. He wasn't in a hurry and probably wouldn't have even been offended if she had sent someone else in her stead to speak with him, but luckily the Hemlock alpha appeared fairly quickly and he rose back to his paws to greet her properly. He gave her a polite dip of his head as she drew close, but after she examined him for a moment she gave him a smirk and he felt like he was able to relax a bit himself. The tiny alpha earned a deep chuckle from him as she commented on how she had no idea who he was despite the fact that he knew who she was. He certainly didn't expect anyone to know who he was, but that was precisely why he was here.

"That's quite alright. I'm Deimos Mendacium. A pleasure to meet you, Delphi." It did strike him just how drastic the difference in their heights was, making him have to look down at her no matter whether he was sitting or not, but a leader was a leader regardless of any other factors and he had met quite a few feisty and dangerous tiny wolves in his time. "My niece, Avacyn, mentioned meeting you at Artorias' recent meeting and spoke positively of you so I wanted to make sure I met you as well. She and I have agreed to split the duties of Elysium and the particular caretaking the Mendacium family requires into two jobs. Because of that I am now the pack's King and will be handling most things when it comes to the day to day running of the pack–which, of course, includes our diplomatic relations." He gave her a bit of a smile and added, "It occurred to me that our packs have been neighbors for some time now, but we still know so little about one another so I would like to remedy that if that's something you would be interested in."

"Deimos Mendacium"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-09-2024, 06:35 AM
Delphi is well adjusted to always looking upward. If anything at all, it was rare to find other wolves her size. She was alright with that. Her personality was big enough to make up for the size difference.

Plopping her own rump into the snow, she listens to watch Deimos has to say. Slowly her smiling smirk dissipates from her features to reveal a more thoughtful expression as he wraps up his little speech. His desire for Elysium to grow closer with Hemlock is reasonable. With what Avacyn had spoke on at the meeting, their packs were aligned with the same thought. They weren’t going to risk their necks just anyone.

“I hope Avacyn is doing well than,” Delphi nods, sincere in her words because a liar she was not. “She was quite formidable at the meeting. A girl I’d like to be friends with,” she smiles, her eyes crinkling pleasantly at the corners, a true show of emotions. “It is true. We know little of each other, but no time like the present, hm?” She stands, turning slightly toward the inner teachings of the Stone Steppe. “I have a little fire going with some food and beverage if you would like to get away from the chill,” Delphi offers.

Deimos

Elysium
King

Master Fighter (260)

Advanced Hunter (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

07-09-2024, 11:25 PM
Deimos smiled at the concern showed toward his niece and the compliment given to the presence she had at the alphas meeting. She is quite well, I assure you. This change was purely her suggestion and I only accepted the position at her insistence." He probably should have brought Avacyn along with him for these meetings with the other alphas since each one had been concerned about his niece's wellbeing, but he also wanted to show that he could stand on his own as well.

He could see why Avacyn had spoken so positively of Delphi when she was describing the alphas that had attended the meeting as the smaller alpha agreed easily to his suggestion of their getting more familiar with one another. To her invitation of joining her at her fire he rose to his paws with a grateful dip of his head. "That's a kind offer, I'd be glad to." He had grown accustomed to the cooler temperatures with the several years he had been living in Elysium, but that didn't mean he didn't want a warm fire all the same.

As he walked with her across the Steppe toward the fire and the promised food and beverage, he started trying to make some conversation to begin getting to know not only her but Hemlock as a whole. "You became the alpha fairly recently as well, right?" He knew that the pack was not always known as Hemlock, though he wasn't exactly paying much attention to packs and politics at the time.

"Deimos Mendacium"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

08-08-2024, 09:45 AM
Relief washes across Delphi's expression as Deimos ensures that Avacyn was alright. While Delphi had her own quirks, she did truly care for the wellbeing of other wolves - related or not. Her father had raised her to be a lover and never wish true harm upon anyway.

Leading the newly crowned King of Elysium across the Steppe toward the fire, her ears perk up at his question. As they approach her seating area, she gestures a paw for him to find anywhere he'd like to sit. "There is mead or tea and some dried meats if you wish," she offers before taking her own seat. Once settled, she looks to Deimos with a solemn nod. "I have, yes. Things had not been the best within Heidinn for awhile and my stepping up was quite," she hesitates to think of a good word. "Necessary," she says after a moment, her lips turning downward slightly. "I was aware of Manea and Alastor meeting Vidarr, but had Avacyn had a chance?" Delphi inquires, unsure of what had happened politically right before Vidarr's downfall.

"Delphi"

Deimos

Elysium
King

Master Fighter (260)

Advanced Hunter (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

08-18-2024, 03:16 PM
Deimos gave Delphi a grateful nod to her offer of mead, tea, and dried meats as they got settled by the fire. "Thank you," he said simply as he reached for the tea to pour himself a cup. He had never had tea before he met Ikigai, but living with his mate had gotten him very acquainted with the drink and he had developed a taste for it. He was, in truth, more interested in the mead since he had yet to try any, but he felt like it was probably best to keep his wits about him while having a diplomatic conversation with another alpha that he had just met. He didn't always trust his judgement when alcohol was involved.

He listened intently as Delphi spoke about the necessity of her take over as alpha and how poorly things had gotten in Heidinn. He gave a concerned hum in response, his brow creasing. Even though he wasn't acquainted with any of the wolves of this pack, he certainly didn't hold any ill will toward any of them and he hated to hear that things had not been well with their neighbor. "She had briefly, yes," he replied to her question about whether or not his niece had gotten the chance to meet Vidarr before his resignation as the pack's alpha.

"She and Alastor came to see him together, I believe, but it sounded like the meeting was quite short and not much was discussed." Taking a sip of his tea, he gave a small shrug and added, "I think that's possibly why she hadn't tried to pursue the relationship between Elysium and Heidnn any further than that since the conversation hadn't been very productive or reciprocal, but she had also been fairly new to her role at the time so who knows. There was rough times for both of our packs happening at the same time, it seems like."

"Deimos Mendacium"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

08-30-2024, 11:48 AM
Delphi listens to what Deimos has to say as she sips her tea. Truthfully, she's not surprised. If Vidarr did not see any promise in the conversation, he wouldn't be so cordial as he sometimes appeared. That was the thing about the late shadowed king. He was... a man after his own gains. Though he put on the outward appearance of someone who was caring and thoughtful, rich with sympathy and kindness, it very much was a ruse. A way to climb the ladder to achieve his own goals.

So she sighs, nodding her head softly as she looks to Deimos. "I will be honest. I am not surprised, but I also am unsure of my own path. I have enjoyed your company and Avacyn's so I can foresee a friendship in the future, but I hesitate to forge bonds with other packs until my own has better stability," it was the best way Delphi could think of to say what she really wanted to say.

"Delphi"

Deimos

Elysium
King

Master Fighter (260)

Advanced Hunter (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

09-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Deimos another sip of his tea while Delphi took in his assessment of Avacyn and Vidarr's brief encounter and she responded with her own uncertainty and her positive view of the interactions she had with Avacyn and himself. When she shared her hesitance to form any true bonds, Deimos nodded with understanding and made a small wave with his paw. "No, of course, I wouldn't expect you to agree to anything so formal at our first meeting. I have just come to understand that segregating ourselves to our island and our corner of Boreas isn't as sustainable as we might want it to be and at least being familiar with our neighbors would do us some good." Although, in truth, if she had wanted to form some sort of agreement here he probably wouldn't have declined. Only having one ally all the way in Auster with the Syndicate on his doorstep wasn't comforting, but he fully understood Delphi's position and didn't want her to feel pressured by his visit. He finished the cup of tea he had been given and passed it back to her before he began to get to his paws. "It was lovely getting to put a face to the name, Delphi, and thank you for your hospitality. If you find yourself in need of anything don't hesitate to call for me, I'm more than happy to help."

"Deimos Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Whooooo are you who who who who The Stone Steppe 09:54 PM, 06-05-2024 02:47 PM, 10-02-2024