Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-17-2023, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 02:30 AM by Sirius. Edited 3 times in total.)
The flood waters had sunk enough for him to swim through the tunnels, though they were pitch black and the scent of sitting water was overpowering. It made it difficult, almost impossible to follow the scent. But he started with working through the barricade of debris near Keahi’s den. He hoped she was not there, that she was missing because she had gone to see Ruga. Not because she was trapped somewhere, waiting for the Armada to save her.

Bear was at his side when he finally reached the entrance to her den. Moving the forge was no easy task, especially when he could barely touch the ground. In the end, he had to summon Basilisk into the den. The boy's superior size turned out to be exactly what he needed. Bracing and pulling, together the bear and the two wolves pull the the forge free, and enter the cave.

There he found his worst nightmare. He moved slowly to their side, falling to his knees at the sight of the two wolves. Ruga he did not know as well, but still respected. Keahi. Keahi had helped him find his way back from the darkness. It was with her that he had watched his first storm after Zee’s passing. He knelt down beside her body, and brushed a paw gently through her still and damp coat. Her body was cold with death, her eyes glassy. He pressed the lids gently closed. “Aloha ʻoe, aloha ʻoe” his words were stuttered and uncertain, rolling over the unfamiliar words as he remembered the day she had sung them for him. I was saying farewell and reminding Zee’s soul that we will see each other again

“I’m sorry, old friend. I promise you, I’ll find a way to tell your family. They won't forever wait for you and wonder.” He whispered. He turned to Basilisk, who had remained a respectful distance back, his face expressionless. “Help me carry them out of here, please. We can make a stretcher out of the debris” He knew his voice sounded rough, hoarse. It took some time, and they made a sombre procession. First, floating across the half filled warrens, and then silently across the solid ground of the Col. “I need a boat, and we should assemble those who wish to say goodbye. If anyone… if anyone can speak Hawaiian, I want to know it.” and for Ruga? Someone should forge something. This was the way he knew to honour them.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Farewell to Thee Dreamer's Col 02:21 AM, 09-17-2023 01:17 PM, 03-10-2024