Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-17-2023, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 02:30 AM by Sirius. Edited 3 times in total.)
The flood waters had sunk enough for him to swim through the tunnels, though they were pitch black and the scent of sitting water was overpowering. It made it difficult, almost impossible to follow the scent. But he started with working through the barricade of debris near Keahi’s den. He hoped she was not there, that she was missing because she had gone to see Ruga. Not because she was trapped somewhere, waiting for the Armada to save her.

Bear was at his side when he finally reached the entrance to her den. Moving the forge was no easy task, especially when he could barely touch the ground. In the end, he had to summon Basilisk into the den. The boy's superior size turned out to be exactly what he needed. Bracing and pulling, together the bear and the two wolves pull the the forge free, and enter the cave.

There he found his worst nightmare. He moved slowly to their side, falling to his knees at the sight of the two wolves. Ruga he did not know as well, but still respected. Keahi. Keahi had helped him find his way back from the darkness. It was with her that he had watched his first storm after Zee’s passing. He knelt down beside her body, and brushed a paw gently through her still and damp coat. Her body was cold with death, her eyes glassy. He pressed the lids gently closed. “Aloha ʻoe, aloha ʻoe” his words were stuttered and uncertain, rolling over the unfamiliar words as he remembered the day she had sung them for him. I was saying farewell and reminding Zee’s soul that we will see each other again

“I’m sorry, old friend. I promise you, I’ll find a way to tell your family. They won't forever wait for you and wonder.” He whispered. He turned to Basilisk, who had remained a respectful distance back, his face expressionless. “Help me carry them out of here, please. We can make a stretcher out of the debris” He knew his voice sounded rough, hoarse. It took some time, and they made a sombre procession. First, floating across the half filled warrens, and then silently across the solid ground of the Col. “I need a boat, and we should assemble those who wish to say goodbye. If anyone… if anyone can speak Hawaiian, I want to know it.” and for Ruga? Someone should forge something. This was the way he knew to honour them.

"Speech"

Isa

Loner

Advanced Fighter (100)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
09-17-2023, 02:39 AM

All of the Armada wolves had been accounted for except for two. Sirius decided that he was going to brave the remnants of the flood to seek them out. It made Isa nervous and she had a bad feeling, but these were their wolves. She would enter the flooded warrens herself if she could but there blue fae was still recovering from nearly drowning. Instead, Isa sat outside of the entrance, weight shifting from paw to paw as she waited for Sirius to emerge.

Bear went for Basilisk and Isa became even more nervous. She was soon on her paws, pacing little circles. Minutes seemed like hours but eventually they exited the caves.

The first thing that Isa noted was the sadness on the warlords face. Secondly, she noted the bodies. Isa didn't know either wolf, but that didn't matter. A soft whine of sadness pulled from the fae and she moved away, heading to the supplies that she'd been able to salvage. Isa pulled two big skins of white leather from the pile and made her way back to the bodies. Gently and with great care she covered each body with the white leather skins.

Isa moved solemnly to where Sirius stood and placed her cheek against his shoulder.
"What do you want me to do,
love?"
Whatever he needed of her, she would do.

"Isa"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
09-21-2023, 08:14 PM

Gossamer left Ásta to tend to the cauldron of chamomile tea that she'd brewed and was trying to keep warm for any who needed a calming, warm drink before tending back to the clean up. The news had reached her that Keahi and Ruga had passed away in the flood. She followed after Kylfa and saw her father and Isa with the bodies. Gossamer swore softly. So close, they'd been so close to escaping without loss of life. Though she wasn't particularly close with the two she knew a funeral would need to be prepared.

Gossamer approached the duo. "Do you wish for me to clean and prepare the bodies? I can send Ásta for flowers for the funeral if you wish." She hated to send them off so muddy and beaten. Though her gifts were used to heal the living she was certain she could tend to the dead. Make them look as though they were just sleeping. She did have some special perfumes she could use as well if her father thought the idea was decent enough. Gossamer did not know the funeral rights of Keahi or Ruga's beliefs but she'd do her best to follow instruction.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-22-2023, 04:17 PM
When Isa appeared with something to cover the bodies, he nodded gratefully to her. Wanting to afford all respect to the friends they had lost. He and Basilisk lowered the litter so that Isa could drap the leathers over them with no issue. His last glimpse of Keahi’s face would be forever etched into his mind.

“I’m going to bring them down to the beach, we can prepare what we need there” He said softly. Keahi had been an island wolf, and he intended to let her rest at sea. He did not know for certain, but he had a strong suspicion that Ruga would wish to rest with Keahi. He would place them together. “If you can find anyone that speaks Hawaiian or knows their traditions…?” He asked her, his voice rough. Keahi was his friend, but he had spent so little time learning her ways.

Gossy appeared then, and he turned his head to his daughter. He did not bother trying to hide his grief as he nodded at her. “That’s a good idea, I’d like that. Keahi is an island wolf far from home. If you can find some wood that would serve as a boat for a short while, I’d appreciate it.” He added.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Farewell to Thee Dreamer's Col 02:21 AM, 09-17-2023 01:17 PM, 03-10-2024