Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-11-2024, 09:54 PM

Yara Grey

Yara's mind buzzed with confusion as she stood in the storeroom, her sun-yellow eyes darting around, trying to make sense of Ignita's rapid-fire instructions. She clutched the pile of unsorted furs tightly, the weight grounding her in the unfamiliar surroundings. The possum's dark, curious eyes seemed to echo her own bewilderment, watching her every move.

As Ignita spoke, Yara's thoughts raced. "Reading? Labels? Obelisk?" The words swirled in her mind, each one adding to the jumble of information she struggled to process. She had expected harsh tasks or menial chores, but this was something entirely different.

When Ignita mentioned her past, Yara's ears twitched, her gaze lowering slightly. The truth of her circumstances was not something she wanted to dwell on, especially in front of someone she barely knew. She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself, but the rapid shift in conversation left her reeling.

At the offer for questions, Yara hesitated. She didn't want to appear weak or incapable, but she also needed clarity. Summoning her courage, she spoke softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Why are you teaching me to read? Just to read the obelisk? It seems like a lot of work, why not just read it to me?" she asked, her confusion evident. "And... what is expected of me here? I'm not sure I understand." Her gaze flicked to the possum, then back to Ignita. "I want to be useful, but everything is so new... I'm not sure where to start."

She paused, taking in Ignita's earnest expression. "Also, what did you mean by 'misplaced'? Do you think someone might try to take things? I assure you, I only take what I need - which, last night, was food. Your Warlord has been generous enough to feed me, I will not steal from you." The idea of being blamed for something she didn't do made her anxious, and she needed to know what to watch out for.

Holding the furs a little tighter, Yara waited for Ignita's response, hoping for some clarity in the midst of her confusion.

CODE BY SIN

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. maybe i just don't know love yet, maybe i don't trust yet Dreamer's Col 12:45 PM, 07-11-2024 12:27 AM, 07-14-2024