Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-11-2024, 12:45 PM

Yara Grey

Yara stirred as the first light of dawn filtered through the narrow crevices of her den, casting delicate patterns on the cold stone walls. The tiger pelt beneath her provided a fleeting warmth, a small comfort in the midst of her captivity. She blinked her sun-yellow eyes open, their usual sparkle dulled by the weight of her circumstances. With a sigh, she rose to her paws, stretching each limb carefully, feeling the satisfying pull of muscles as they woke with her.

As she padded softly towards the entrance, the crisp morning air greeted her, carrying with it the faint sounds of the pack beginning to stir. She paused, her gaze drifting to the wide-open space of the Col. The mountains stood as silent guardians, their peaks dusted with the remnants of night. For a moment, the thought of escape flickered in her mind, a tantalizing whisper of freedom. The path seemed clear, the early hour providing a rare opportunity while the pack busied themselves with the tasks of dawn.

But Yara's resolve held her back. She needed to be strategic, patient. A hasty escape could mean capture, or worse. With a determined shake of her head, she dismissed the fleeting notion and set her mind on the task at hand.

Stepping out of her den, she made her way across the open expanse of the Col. The ground beneath her paws was a tapestry of soft grass and jagged stone, a contrast that mirrored her own inner conflict. As she moved, the sky above transformed from deep indigo to shades of pink and gold, the sun's ascent painting the world in hues of promise and renewal. The chill of the morning air nipped at her fur, but she welcomed it, each breath invigorating her spirit.

The sounds of the pack grew louder as she approached the den where Ignita resided. Wolves moved about, their voices a low murmur as they prepared for the day. Yara’s keen eyes took in every detail, noting the vigilance of the patrolling guards. She kept her head low, her demeanor submissive, yet her mind remained sharp, absorbing everything.

Ignita's den came into view, a modest space nestled against the rugged mountainside. The entrance was blocked by a familiar wooden door, the sound of Basilisk's knock from last night playing in her mind all too vividly. Yara hesitated briefly at the threshold, gathering her thoughts. She knew she needed to play her role well, to prove herself useful and unthreatening. She used that same knock on the door.

CODE BY SIN

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Advanced Navigator (110)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
07-11-2024, 09:16 PM

Ignita had snuggled into Basilisk's arms when he came back from putting the new songbird in her den and slept lightly through the night, her mind disquieted.

She stirred early and set the fire going in the hearth, not quite sure what the day would bring. She and Basilisk spoke and he shared with her some of what he had learned of the girl he called Rabbit.

Suddenly a knock came on the door, it sounded similar to the one Bas had rapped on the door last night and it made the Steward curious. Was this the new songbird already? Bold enough to exit her den and approach? Fascinating! She raised a brow at The Warlord before she went to the door.

And there she was! Right at the door!
"Well then! Let's get started." She called behind her from the doorway, "I'll be busy in the afternoon if you could take care of her then." She said to Basilisk, blowing him a kiss.

She returned her attention to Yara and clicked for her possum to join them. The possum crawled up Ignita as she walked and wrapped its dexterous paws around her ivory neck, looking wide-eyed and curious at the stranger with large dark eyes. She made her way back across the Col toward her usual haunt of the storeroom.

"Yara, I believe?" She started as they entered the storeroom and she quickly got to work, expecting the woman to sit while Ignita talked and went over the duties of the storeroom. "He said you haven't been taught to read," She mentioned with a light tone, "since you'll be working around here it'll be important to know the rules on the obelisk, and what certain instructions and lists say. I've actually painted a few labels around the Col to help teach others. So after we're done in here I can get to work in teaching you some letters. Hold this." She handed the Songbird a pile of unsorted furs to hold while Ignita shifted a large pile of sorted furs on a shelf.

"I've got a system in here I built from the ground up, and not everyone is as keen as I am on keeping tabs on everything. I do have counts of every item and who takes anything out, so I'll know if anything has been... misplaced." She mentioned with a knowing smile and lift of her delicate brow.

"Things must have been very hard for you to resort to stealing. If that is indeed what you were doing." She scoffed and shook her head, "He caught me collecting and sorting trinkets out on the veteran's plateau, naive as ever. Claimed what I was taking was his. Turns out it wasn't." Oh dear she was rambling, wasn't she? Not very leaderly Iggy, don't apologize, just take it in stride, maybe she shouldn't have said how fickle Bas could be outright. Inner circles only type things. Dang it. She fell silent for a moment, pursing her lips awkwardly.

Then she jumped with alacrity and splayed her paws out, "Anyway! Have any questions?" Ignita offered as she started to take a few things from the pile she gave Yara and sorted them.

"Speech"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Yara

Armada
Songbird

Intermediate Fighter (45)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-11-2024, 09:54 PM

Yara Grey

Yara's mind buzzed with confusion as she stood in the storeroom, her sun-yellow eyes darting around, trying to make sense of Ignita's rapid-fire instructions. She clutched the pile of unsorted furs tightly, the weight grounding her in the unfamiliar surroundings. The possum's dark, curious eyes seemed to echo her own bewilderment, watching her every move.

As Ignita spoke, Yara's thoughts raced. "Reading? Labels? Obelisk?" The words swirled in her mind, each one adding to the jumble of information she struggled to process. She had expected harsh tasks or menial chores, but this was something entirely different.

When Ignita mentioned her past, Yara's ears twitched, her gaze lowering slightly. The truth of her circumstances was not something she wanted to dwell on, especially in front of someone she barely knew. She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself, but the rapid shift in conversation left her reeling.

At the offer for questions, Yara hesitated. She didn't want to appear weak or incapable, but she also needed clarity. Summoning her courage, she spoke softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Why are you teaching me to read? Just to read the obelisk? It seems like a lot of work, why not just read it to me?" she asked, her confusion evident. "And... what is expected of me here? I'm not sure I understand." Her gaze flicked to the possum, then back to Ignita. "I want to be useful, but everything is so new... I'm not sure where to start."

She paused, taking in Ignita's earnest expression. "Also, what did you mean by 'misplaced'? Do you think someone might try to take things? I assure you, I only take what I need - which, last night, was food. Your Warlord has been generous enough to feed me, I will not steal from you." The idea of being blamed for something she didn't do made her anxious, and she needed to know what to watch out for.

Holding the furs a little tighter, Yara waited for Ignita's response, hoping for some clarity in the midst of her confusion.

CODE BY SIN

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
07-11-2024, 11:07 PM

Ignita was indeed a bit of a rapid-fire highly intelligent, won't-stop-talking-once-you-get-her-started type of gal.

The Steward drew her lips in as she perceived Yara's confusion and overwhelm. "Ah... yes... uhm..." Don't apologize... Don't do it. Her own heart was rapidly beating in her throat, she wanted to make a good impression, a confident impression, a dont-fuck-with-me impression but she was honestly more of a rabbit herself than Yara to begin with. Calm. Find the calm.

She froze for a minute, a sorry just hanging by a thread behind her lips just from force of habit. She took a breath in and found that small quiet flow of calm, just beneath the surface.

"sss--soor-" She bit her lip, this was a lot harder than it looked, it was like she couldn't say any one word without a sorry waiting to slip out. She closed her eyes for a minute more, calm the brain, calm the brain, her mind was already on its daily roller coaster and the social pressure of literally owning someone was making her bones feel like lead within her body.

"I don't mean to talk fast. Son of a sphinx-" Fucked up already. Good job.
Slowly she breathed. One thing at a time, not her usual forte, but she'll figure out a way to manage.

"You know what, fuck it. I'm sorry, I am not used to this position in the least." She let out a breath of air and the tension in her body finally relaxed and she sighed, "Oh, that's so much better. Okay-" She slowly and gently took the piles of furs back from Yara and placed them to the side. Then sat down at an easy distance.

"Let's start at "misplaced". I'm glad it's not a habit! Thank you for telling me. I believe you when you say you won't." Ingita was, somewhat, unfortunately, an overly trusting wolf, "Next reading!" She brightened, "We do a lot of reading here and we find it helps our members serve the pack. The big stone thing in the Col, that's the Obelisk. It has the pack rules etched into it." Ignita had slipped into her kind and gentle teacher tone, always eager to have an attentive student, "If he's made it a challenge for you to learn how to read so you can read the obelisk, then no, we're not going to read it to you, that would defeat his challenge." He doesn't appreciate his challenges getting circumnavigated. Ignita was kind, but she wasn't going to undermine The Warlord if she could help it.

She was about to keep going toward Yara's purpose and even made to open her mouth but popped it back closed with a smile instead, "With me so far?" She asked, leaning her head forward expectantly.

"Speech"

Yara

Armada
Songbird

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-12-2024, 02:08 AM

Yara Grey

Yara watched the interplay of emotions on Ignita's face, a strange mix of rapid thoughts and hesitation. Her honesty about the unfamiliarity of her position was somewhat comforting; it made Ignita seem more approachable. Yara took a deep breath, feeling a little more grounded as Ignita's explanation began to take shape.

"Yes, I think I understand now," Yara replied, her voice still soft but a bit steadier. "The Warlord wants me to learn to read as part of a challenge. I suppose it's a way to prove myself and show that I can adapt."

She glanced around the storeroom, taking in the organized chaos. The task of learning to read felt daunting, but Yara understood its importance. "I'll do my best to learn quickly," she added, her tone more neutral.

As she sat down across from Ignita, she felt a little more at ease, but she wasn't ready to let her guard down entirely. "I appreciate your patience with me," she said, her words measured. "Everything is so new, and I want to be useful. I'll do what I need to contribute."

Yara's gaze hardened slightly as she continued, "I don't have any questions about the tasks for now... did you have.. something else to tell me?" She offered a small, tight smile, more out of politeness than warmth, hoping to convey her willingness to learn without appearing overly friendly or vulnerable.

Despite her guarded demeanor, Yara couldn't help but feel a twinge of admiration for Ignita. The Steward's rapid-fire intelligence and genuine effort to connect with her, despite the awkwardness, spoke volumes about her character. It was clear that Ignita took her responsibilities seriously and cared about the pack's well-being. Yara could see the strength beneath her nervous exterior and found herself respecting Ignita's dedication and kindness, even if she wasn't ready to fully trust it yet.

CODE BY SIN

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
07-12-2024, 02:54 PM

Ignita smiled warmly as Yara stated her understanding, and nodded in encouragement.
"I'm sure you'll do fine," Ignita replied warmly as she noticed the woman looking around, "It took me a while to get the hang of it too. I certainly made a few mistakes of my own as well. But if you're diligent and eager to learn he rewards fairly generously!" She insisted. She didn't mention though that the price of making a few mistakes could be rather harsh, she let the shiny pink scar over her nose and cheek say that for her.

When the Songbird asked if there was more, Ignita tilted her head with a delighted expression, unknowingly making the light catch that shiny scar.

"Oh, there will always be more!" She admitted with a chuckle, "How about your purpose; for now, it'll be your place to do as you're told, by anyone in the pack. But his commands are above even mine, and mine are above anyone else's. If anyone is giving you grief though, or you're not sure about something, you're welcome to come to me. I love questions! Even if they make you feel silly. I'll occasionally host a lesson in the market and you'll be welcome to join them if they interest you. Once we find what you're specialty is we'll make sure you get as many opportunities to work on it as we can, as long you're able to balance any duties you're assigned!" She wondered what kind of specialty Yara's would be, Iggy's was organization, learning, and teaching. Would Yara's be stealth and recognisance? Hmm...

"Ignita"

Yara

Armada
Songbird

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-12-2024, 03:26 PM

Yara Grey

Yara listened carefully, her expression shifting slightly from guarded to thoughtful as Ignita spoke. The idea of having the freedom to choose a specialty resonated with her, and she found herself appreciating this unexpected opportunity.

"I understand," Yara replied, her voice steady. "I'll make sure to follow the commands and do what's needed. It's... actually a relief to know that I might have a chance to find something I'm good at and focus on it."

She glanced at Ignita, noting the warmth in her smile and the light catching the scar on her face. It was clear that Ignita had her own struggles and yet had found a place of importance within the pack. This realization brought a small, genuine smile to Yara's lips.

"Thank you... for explaining everything," Yara said, her tone more appreciative. "I won't hesitate to ask questions if I have any."

Even as she felt a sense of relief and a growing admiration for Ignita's dedication and kindness, Yara reminded herself of her ultimate goal. She couldn't afford to get too comfortable. Eirik was still out there, and she needed to find a way back to him eventually.

CODE BY SIN

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
07-12-2024, 07:05 PM

Ignita noticed how the other relaxed a little of her guard and became thoughtful. Good! Ignita just wasn't one to be instilling fear into anyone, it just wasn't her nature. Perhaps she could still grow in that direction but this one seemed to suit her so far.

Yara reiterated what Ignita said and she nodded emphatically, that's right! She got it! A very good student so far! Her golden eyes then crinkled into delighted half moons as the new Songbird expressed her gratitude.

"I like to hear it. I think you'll do all right here Yara. I have no doubts you'll earn your freedom fairly quickly. Now! Let me introduce you to the system, slowly this time." She said motioning to the stacks and shelves with a wink.

"If I ever go too quickly, just let me know!" She said cheerfully.

She spent the rest of the morning introducing Yara to the various chores around the Col. Such as cleaning the grates around the hotspring pools at the end of the cave, how to swap out old torches around the Col, where to gather wood for the various fires, and especially keeping the central bonfire going. As well as where they keep the carts to haul things around, especially the weekly deliveries from the smokehouse on the beach, and where any rubbish goes after cleaning any of the common rooms and caves.

Before she let Yara go for a meal time and await her time with Basilisk she told her that tomorrow she'll start teaching her how to read.

-end?-

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. maybe i just don't know love yet, maybe i don't trust yet Dreamer's Col 12:45 PM, 07-11-2024 12:27 AM, 07-14-2024