size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Pride - Bisexual
02-04-2023, 03:10 PM

Ono was far from home, extremely far. And yet it felt like no matter where she went it would not be far enough. These lands were close to the place where her uncle had called her mother and herself... Slowly Ono had been drifting from where the band had taken up residence most recently... Once upon a time she'd made a point to stay closer, what if they needed her? But they never needed her. And slowly she'd been trying to work through where that left her, if her uncle did not value her did he deserve her effort?

Coming down here had been a desperate move, she needed to get away, needed to feel something about it all, but she had to do so away from the band. Away from the things that kept her tethered. She'd come here because when the family had last been down here the oaks had been where she'd enjoyed hunting the most. Now even it felt wrong. The scents of a pack were strong here, though no borders had been marked it was clear that a push was being made by them. She should be safe enough for now but she would not be able to hide out here as she might have hoped. The young woman sighed, sliding her way into a fallen, hollowed-out log. The cool damp wood felt calm and reassuring on her flesh. She'd felt drawn to dark and damp places as of late, and she tried not to wonder if that was the mushroom that grew from her eye digging it's way deeper into her. It was too easy to imagine roots worming their way through her skull until they could tighten around her brain. So she chose to not think about it. Which really left her with only one other thing to think about:

What was she going to do?

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2021
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (45)

Expert Intellectual (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-04-2023, 04:31 PM

Their world tour had ended and all that was left was to decide where they might want to go. It was a decision neither Sol nor Khonsu wanted to rush even though they were both eager to put down roots in this strange new land. Moving north from the strange bamboo maze, Sol's youthful curiosity brought the pair through the adjoining oaks. These trees were massive and towering, but even the sights upon the dense forest floor were new for the cobalt eyed wolf who had lived his life sheltered. He peered into logs and around trunks as they walked, his muzzle poking against each new thing while Khonsu kept his own gaze firmly ahead.

Something new and weird caught Sol's fuschia gaze from the corner of his sight bringing his head whirling in confusion. Khonsu was forced to stop, his own head sinking low as he sighed. "What is it this time, Sol?" He was more then used to his brother's excitement and innocence, having been stopped by his curiosity a hundred times over while they travelled this continent.

"I don't know. I think it's.. a mushroom with a face..." Sol brought them closer, his head lowering as he peered into the hollowed out log. It quickly became apparent that not only did this mushroom have a face, but it was attached to a whole-ass wolf. Sol stared in shock, and even Khonsu was left speechless at the sight.

"Uhm... miss.. you have something... uh.. on your.." Sol lifted his paw, gesturing to his own eye.

Sol & Khonsu

Sol & Khonsu are RP'd as two individuals, although OOCly they are considered one character.
Their speech will be color coordinated to their eye colors (Sol & Khonsu) to designate the speaker.

They each have a crested caracara companion, and share a marmoset companion.
Unless otherwise stated you can assume their companions are somewhere close by.

Yarrabelle, as their mistress, may enter any of their threads.

They are never seen without their hourglass necklace, assume it is always present hanging below their necks.

DM me if you want to plot with them!

+ They do have a rather comprehensive backstory / religion in their profile, and I'm happy to allow anyone who's interested to jump in and make characters from their home land / family / religion.

Onoskelis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf

02-04-2023, 04:57 PM
Onoskelis could hear someone approaching, or two someones? It sounded like one set of paws but she could clearly make out two voice, similar so probably related, maybe they were just walking in step. The musty earthy smell of the hollowed-out log made it impossible to scent anything so that was all she had to go off of. The young woman wriggled herself around to face the opening she'd come in through, hoping the wolves would just pass her by but she didn't want to be caught unawares, so she kept her pink gaze on the world outside the log. A figure walked into view and Ono strained to make them out clearly, admittedly her depth perception was much worse than a typical wolf's and with the darkness of the log around her the world outside was much brighter, making it harder to see. She thought she made out a second wolf beside them.

She bit down on the desire to snap about the mushroom with a face comment, not expecting them to turn to face her. It took a moment for her to really process what she was seeing. There wasn't two wolves, or maybe it was? They both seemed capable of speech if her hearing was to be believed... But what was approaching her was a single wolf's body but with, well two heads! Then those heads were lowered and peering into the log. Ono realized she was gaping and she snapped her mouth shut, deflecting her clear shock with a quick retort: "I hadn't noticed." She rolled her good eye, ah yes, sarcasm, always a good defense. "You've got..." She gestured to the pair of heads with her own paw, was that rude? Probably but it was fair game as far as she was concerned. Point out the obvious, get the obvious pointed out back.

"Speech!"

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-04-2023, 05:16 PM

The mushroom-with-a-face-but-actually-a-whole-body spoke back and Sol's lips pulled back in shame at the venom in her remaining eye. Cruelty and rudeness was familiar to him, the snap of her jaws bringing back many a reprimand to his memory... but at least she hadn't attempted to strike him. Sol wrestled with how to make this right, his lack of socialization and sheltered upbringing making even normal conversation difficult - he hadn't met anyone who was mad yet!

Helpfully (and with a touch of confusion) he offered further. "Well, it's there. Can you really not notice it?" Sarcasm was an art form Sol had not been taught, those Khonsu's shock waned just in time for him to give his brother a firm nudge with his nose in critique. Clearing his throat, Khonsu took over the conversation before Sol could embarrass them further by taking literally the stranger's next statement as well. "Want to trade? I'll bet the mushroom is quieter."

Sol & Khonsu

Sol & Khonsu are RP'd as two individuals, although OOCly they are considered one character.
Their speech will be color coordinated to their eye colors (Sol & Khonsu) to designate the speaker.

They are never seen without their hourglass necklace, assume it is always present hanging below their necks.

+ They do have a rather comprehensive backstory / religion in their profile, and I'm happy to allow anyone who's interested to jump in and make characters from their home land / family / religion.

Onoskelis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf

02-04-2023, 10:30 PM
The purple-eyed one's expression fell almost immediately and Ono was flooded with guilt. He looked like a kicked puppy! She should have known better, she was lashing out on instinct but on a second's further thought she realized he was probably just as used to being treated poorly as she was, it was what the world did to those who didn't fit its rigid mold. She softened, mouth opening to apologize when he responded with a question and Ono's mouth snapped shut, a quizzical look flashing over her face. The other one quickly filled in for his... Brother? They would have to be brothers right? And Onoskelis did her best to bite back the sardonic laugh that was her instinct.

"You don't want it." She said. "It makes it hard to see, it's hard to judge how far or close things are, everyone either pities you or thinks you're incapable." There was a sort of bitterness to her tone but as she adds the last comment her voice becomes softer, almost longing. "You're right it can't talk, but that makes it lonely." Maybe even isolating even, there wasn't anyone in her life who could properly empathize with her experiences, her life.

"I'm sorry." She said, looking to meet the purple gaze. "I'm used to comments about my eye, my mushroom being rude, and I reacted on instinct, but I shouldn't have." She shuffled awkwardly in the log, her legs were getting cramped and she squinted at the two heads, it was hard for her to tell how close they were if there was even space for her to squeeze herself out. She cleared her throat, it felt awkward, being scrunched up in the log. "I'm uh... Gonna come out." A statement of intention and hopefully an indication that she would need space to get out if they were blocking the way.

"Speech!"

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-06-2023, 03:53 PM

It seemed the stranger regretted her statement and somehow that made Sol feel that much worse. He gave a small whine and tucked his chin, wishing he could take it all back. "I'm sorry too. I've never seen anything like your mushroom before, I didn't mean to be cruel." Great, an opportunity for a new friend who had likely suffered just the same way he had, and Sol had wrecked it for himself! The twins took a step back, giving the stranger space to escape her log. "I know what it's like to be lonely, too."

Khonsu sighed, lifting a dexterous paw to pinch the bridge of his snout while the fungi-infested wolf made her way out. He was used to Sol's innocence and antics, but an apology-war was not something he was ready and willing to mediate. "Let's just start over." He suggested, sounding tired. "This is Sol, I am Khonsu. It's nice to meet you." His muzzle shut with a clack, withholding his next sardonic comment of 'does the mushroom have a name too?'

Sol & Khonsu

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Escaping "Home" The Ancient Oaks 03:10 PM, 02-04-2023 05:41 AM, 12-05-2023