An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
08-23-2023, 02:27 PM

Winter would be here soon, and it was important that everything be just so. Well and truly, just so. Víðarr could lead them through the most treacherous time of the year, he was certain of that, but it was important that they be prepared. Stores of food, stocks of supplies. The mountain could provide most things, as long as they knew how to collect it, but the prey in the Steppe was likely easier to access and more readily available. When in doubt, there were the reindeer as well. Still, Víðarr didn't want to put strain on their numbers. He made a mental note to confer with Kiela later on that.

The mid-morning sun shone down around his shoulders, a crisp breeze in the air, as Víðarr made his rounds. Checking the borders, seeking out the movements of the prey that called this place home. Looking for any lurking predators as he moved, nose low to the ground. Keenly aware, though he allows himself to relax. Víðarr couldn't go around being wound up all the time, now could he? Instead, the shadow drifts across the land, taking it all in. How nice it was, to have a home. Something to show for the hard work. A place in this world. With the distant call of a raven, he smiles to himself. It seemed the gods agreed that he'd done well, though there was still much to more work to be done.
"Speech"

[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Jaybird

Hemlock
Reviver

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
08-28-2023, 02:23 AM
Cool air breezed through the black and white girl. She had wandered away from her mother and sister today and she couldnt wrap her head around why. As far as Jay knew she was allowes to explore within the scent markers of this home. Still she was unsure how she felt abput being stuck in one place. Most of her life had bee a chaotic mess, one fallen alpha after the next. Would this "home" be taken from them as well? Jay sighed her small form slinking until she saw the huge alpha.

Her black eyes stared directly at him. A eerie feeling creeping out around her. Jaybird tilted her head, hed probably seen her now but she attempted to find a dark corner to hide in. Her head scanning the ground until she settled on a shaded spot some fifteen feet away. Settling down she continued to stare at the giant, not saying anything as nerves moved through her.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
08-28-2023, 03:27 AM

It's not too long into his rounds that Víðarr feels as if he's being watched. Eyes on him.... interesting. Unsettling, but interesting. The viking king slows his pace, head coming up. Distinctly aware that someone or something was peering at him, perhaps from the trees. Víðarr paused. Icy gaze scanning the tree line until-- there. The shadow makes direct eye contact with the yearling, expression steady and intense.

"What is it?" Víðarr does not take a step closer. He doesn't move, his posture doesn't change. He remains high headed, alert but otherwise fairly neutral. No swing towards aggression. He's simply watching the child and waiting. Patiently waiting. Curiously waiting. What was it she wanted? Perhaps there was something in his teeth. Maybe Víðarr had even done something to offend her... a distinct possibility. Still, all he could do was wait for now.

"Víðarr"

Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  

Jaybird

Hemlock
Reviver

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
08-28-2023, 12:17 PM
Had she offended him. She didnt really care but it felt like her silence had caused somethind. Jay looked up at the alpha, uncurling her paws from under her. Black gaze moving over his pelt. "Is all your family as big as you?" she cocked her head.

Jaybird didnt entirely know how to interact with others. Social awkwardness came as natural as eating to her. "Being that big seems like itd be hard to hide." she definitely still wanted to be able to hide.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Statue 1 Worship1K
08-29-2023, 03:04 AM

The shadow peered at the child carefully, watching her shift and uncurl herself. A peculiar girl, but then, it seemed both of Voodoo's children were. Then, it seemed they'd been through a lot in their short lives. Víðarr is inclined to forgive the strangeness, as long as they were actively trying to prove their worth within the pack. It would be the same for all of the thralls, each capable of setting themselves free in time. His gaze does not waver on the child. "No," he shakes his head. "The red warrior with the scowl, Róta, and the younger priest, Auðr, are my siblings." The shadow can't help but smile at the mention of his family. Though they were different, they were the same industrious, hardy, northern stock.

Jaybird speaks of hiding. Víðarr thought for a moment, a wry smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "I do not need to hide. I know if I fight, the gods will be at my side." That was the way, after all. Víðarr looks curiously to the child, studying her for a moment. "You can hide, if you would like. But I do not want you to feel like you need to, here." It's an olive branch extended to the yearling. They had been through a lot, Víðarr knew that much. Maybe if there was stability here, she could grow into something great. He could make the offer, at least.

"Víðarr"

Jaybird

Hemlock
Reviver

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
08-29-2023, 04:06 PM
Jaybird listened to the man, she was at least good at that she thought. He tried to put names to faces but Jay had spent most of her time in the shadows since they moved in. She was a little surprised when a bit of kindness came out in him. Didnt want her to feel the need? What was that supposed to mean, hiding was how she survived and thats what was important right?

Jay looked off into the distance, "I had a brother. He was taken when i was little tho. Mom says he looked like our dad." her tail flicked. "I always hear about gods. Who are they? " genuine curiosity ran through her. Which she supposed was a good thing. Information and knowledge she didnt posses was valuable.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Statue 1 Worship1K
08-30-2023, 07:47 AM

Víðarr's brow drew as the child spoke of a missing brother. He offered only a sympathetic nod. The pups had been through a lot, and the picture was only becoming more clear. There's a mention of dad too, framed in a way that leads the viking king to believe that he was gone too. On the topic of dads... there was nothing really great about them, anyway. Víðarr knows that much to be true.

But on the subject of gods? That's something Víðarr can speak on. "They were the ones who created us, and then this world for us. Now they guide us and protect us." There is reverence hanging heavily in the shadow's tone as he speaks. He's speaking of the gods, the ones he seeks for guidance and comfort. The gods who have brought him here, who have blessed his path. In turn, Víðarr has dedicated himself to them as well. "Are you interested in religion?" It's a gentle enough question, and he watches the yearling closely for a reaction. Another set of hands to help his seiðkonur could always be helpful.

"Víðarr"

Jaybird

Hemlock
Reviver

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
08-31-2023, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2023, 06:09 AM by Jaybird. Edited 1 time in total.)
She respected him for that. It appeared he chose a subject he was good at, which wasnt for once a bother for her. Jaybirds stiff body relaxed only a little. Her eerie black eyes centered on his chest. So fluffy... The gods created them and the world. Guide and protect. She hadnt thought about it before but even her mother spoke of nameless gods.

"Im interested." she stated. Taking a breath as she hummed. "Religion means I could study these gods right? Do you think Id go to heaven if I did that?" her head tilted. But if such beings exsisted then why had her family suffered. Did she have a good or bad feeling she wasnt sure. "If the gods could teach me how to protect my mom and sister, id like that." she wasnt a fighter. However, protection was more than just violence maybe.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Statue 1 Worship1K
09-08-2023, 05:03 AM

The child peered at Víðarr, gaze focusing on his chest instead of his eyes. He could only figure that the children had been rendered a bit odd by their turbulent early years, and he figures that much is alright. He couldn't pass too much judgement either-- not like he and his siblings were the most typical bunch.

She questions a heaven, to which Víðarr blinked slowly. "Our heaven is, I think, different." He smiled softly, gaze a bit far away. Sure, there were plenty of religions, plenty of tales about where you went when you die. In the viking king's mind, his eternal resting place will be in Odin's hall. "Our bravest, fiercest warriors, the ones who die the most glorious deaths, they are rewarded with a seat in Valhalla. The All Father's hall, where they feast and fight, and fight and feast. Every morning they wake healed, and every day they slaughter each other on the battlefield once more." The words are far more than Víðarr usually speaks, and the words come with such reverence. This is a man who longs to one day embrace this afterlife as his own. Víðarr plans to go to Valhalla, in the end. There's a shine in his eyes, nearly dreamy.

"I will teach you to protect them. As you learn, you ask the gods to lend you their strength." His words carry weight, the offer genuine. The viking king would work with the child, if that's what she wanted. "I will set you up with a religious mentor." Auðr could likely use the extra help, after all. If Jaybird wanted to learn, then she would have access to the knowledge.

"Speech"

Jaybird

Hemlock
Reviver

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
09-16-2023, 11:12 PM
Jay did what she did best and continued to watch him. She was a good listener if anything at this age. The white and black girl relaxing fully she couldnt help but to notice how he sounded and looked when he spoke. He had a passion for something, must have been nice to know exactly where you were going in your life. Enjoying fighting just sounded sad but she could understand the appeal.

While she didnt particularly care about what Vidarr thought essentially. Good for him she recalled herself thinking. However when he said he could teach her Jays interest was sewn further. Like a tangling vine wanting to hold fast to something. A branch to further her own goals.

"You promise?" she tilted her head. He couldnt joke about this could he. It definitely didnt feel like he was trying to trick her. "Ill study my little tail off for all its worth. Let the gods see me become worthy." jaybird puffed out her chest. She decided she liked it here. This pack was her pack.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. hear a rising force The Stone Steppe 02:27 PM, 08-23-2023 06:39 AM, 01-03-2024