size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
04-08-2024, 07:32 PM
Although she was feeling better and like herself again, her body was still a bit weak from lack of exercise the last many weeks. The muscle she was used to carrying had faded in many places and made traveling around the pack borders more difficult that she would like to admit. At least she was out of that cramped cave though, so things could certainly be worse.

Moving back into her own den was on the schedule for this evening though she was seriously wondering why she didn't do this earlier. Heaving the infected pelts out and setting them aflame in a burn pile would have to wait, but a few things needed to be moved from one den to where she was going to be staying now. It wasn't very far from the hospital den she had, but after a long day of being social and wandering the packlands, she was a bit more tired than she liked to be. Figuring that it was easier to sort out the things she wanted to move and placing them outside the den, she started there and gathered everything into a neat little pile. It wasn't anything more than medical herbs, bowls, some grinding stones however, but certainly things that would be difficult to carry in one trip.

Somehow she managed though and was sorting things into her new den, though with little care or effort for now. She could rearrange and decorate another day, for now she was only worried about getting it set up enough to sleep tonight. Once everything was within her new den, she made her way to the storage area. She would only need a pelt or two for now to make her sleep a little more comfortable, but the larger ones were a bit too heavy for her right now. Dragging it would likely only damage it against the sharp rocks littering the ground, so she would have to find another way, unless one of her beloved children just so happened to show up and offer to help her.

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Howl

Hellborn
Prince

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
04-17-2024, 10:06 PM
His mother was finally better, though she wasn't wholly 100% yet, she was significantly better than she had been. He had been waiting patiently for her to get over her illness, whatever had gotten her had also gotten a couple other pack members and honestly, he was kind of frustrated he hadn't been able to help any of them. He was still learning about medicine, and did not know nowhere near enough to be able to try to help them and he didn't want to make anything worse on accident, especially since he had no clue what they had gotten sick with. He had seen his mother recently wandering around but he waited to approach her until she was done doing what she needed to do. He hadn't wanted to interrupt her earlier, but now he couldn't wait anymore.

He made his way into the gorge and followed the lit path toward the den she had chosen, though her scent lead away to the storage room. With an eager smile, he hurried his way through the caverns until he found her there amongst the stash of pelts that Medusa and the others had collected. "It's good to see you well again, Mother. How do you feel?" He asked as he approached, nuzzling the underside of her jaw.

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

04-18-2024, 12:12 AM
Widow was attempting to work out how to get the pelt back to her den by herself when she heard a familiar voice just before Howl nuzzled under her jaw. She could only imagine that he hadn't taken her absence well and was pleased to see that Howl wasn't exactly angry with her, at least in the way of yelling and throwing a fit. She took a deep breath before dragging her tongue between his ears once before sitting.

"Much better," she hummed and nuzzled into his cheek. "I hope you have been well?" she asked, knowing that he at least hadn't caught whatever plagued her, Terror, and Phantasm.

"Speech!"

Howl

Hellborn
Prince

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
04-18-2024, 12:30 AM
He smiled, tail slowly wagging as she returned his affections. If he were a cat and had the ability to purr, he'd be doing just that. She said she was doing much better, and he was honestly happy to hear that. He thought he was going to lose both her, and his siblings. Not to mention his practically adopted brother, Tazzy. And it had pained him that he couldn't do anything to help them. Pulling back to sit, he nodded at her query. "Yes, I am doing fine. Medusa told us to keep away so we wouldn't get sick...she was very worried about you three, too." Medusa, despite her very strange quirks and was so very odd at times, cared about those that lived in Insomnia. He had been unsure about her at first what with her childish mannerisms, but he had seen her step up time and time again and he respected her. He supposed he could overlook the strangeness and see her as a leader well deserving of the pack she led.

Oh, but mom was in the storage room, that meant she was trying to do something, right? "Er, do you need help with anything? I'm not busy right now...Rue was teaching me about herbs earlier, but she had to go do something else. So..." Unfortunately, not even Rue knew how to help with whatever sickness they had gotten. So his lessons were half-hearted at best.

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

04-19-2024, 01:36 AM
Widow was glad that her children were all seeming to come to terms with her absence in a positive way, though she still coulldn't help but think that it perhaps jaded Cadaver and Illusion a bit. The separation from Terror certainly affected both him and Gruesome, but they seemed okay now that they were back together.

"I was worried about you all too, I wish I could've been there for you guys," she said with a sad half smile and nuzzled into his cheek again. "I'm glad that you are doing good though, everyone seems to be doing fine but please tell me if you feel strange or different, just in case," she warned, though she didn't only mean if he was sick. She wanted her children to come to her just as any child would to their mother, though she understood that she had probably burned a few boards on the bridge by being pulled away.

She smiled though as he asked if she needed any help. "Do you think you can help me get this pelt back to my den? It's quite heavy, and there's a few other things I can carry," she said with a hopeful look, but she wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to carry a heavy bear pelt through the gorge.

"Speech!"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. back on my feet Whisperer's Gorge 07:32 PM, 04-08-2024 11:34 PM, 09-08-2024