Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
04-13-2024, 09:02 PM

Modesty walked out to the moor with her gift trotting along at her heels. It was clear a wall had been here once, though time and the weather had done a number on the structure, the stones spread across the landscape, she'd even carried some away herself to make the fireplace in their new home. Now, as she watched the cows and the goats grazing in the distance under the watchful eye of Jael, she realised her potential error. If there had been a wall here once, they could build one again. It would ease the pressure on the pack to constantly guard the herds and keep them within their boundaries, and it would act as a deterrent to predators. Those it didn't scare off could be met with the likes of the white fluffy bundle that trotted at her heel... Once it'd had some time to grow, of course.

“Speech.”

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualCritical Attack!Double MasterHomebodyCritical Block!
StudentRapid Poster - Silver1K
04-17-2024, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 12:38 AM by Jael. Edited 1 time in total.)

The move had come quickly, Jael's head swimming with it. A whirlwind, one that had already come with mixed emotions. After all the work she'd put into the pools, she couldn't say she was eager to leave them. Still, she'd largely been too nervous to set foot on the shore, and a change of scenery and pace would be good for her. Probably.

For now, the prevailing feeling is exhaustion. Keeping watch over the cows and the goats is good work, fulfilling work. She'd get to work repairing the wall when she was a bit more whole, but for now, Jael probably wouldn't hear the end of it if she pulled any of her stitches out. Though Modesty's approach garners her attention, confusion is clear on the girl's face as she peers at the approaching pair.

"When I mentioned wanting more grazing space, I couldn't imagine quite this much." A grateful smile to overshadow some of the confusion, curious and perhaps a bit tentative as her gaze falls on Modesty. Tail wagging loosely at her haunches, she greets the woman with a gentle reach of her muzzle. Moving to gently press her muzzle to the woman's shoulder, a bit too short to reach Modesty's cheek.

It's now that she allows herself to look curiously at the puppy, a friendly sniff, gaze open and curious. Too many questions in Jael's mind, not the least of which am I training my own replacement, but ah. Relying on Modesty for the answers and too excited about the cute puppy to be more than a little anxious, the pet takes a step towards her. "Who's this?" Looking from the puppy to Modesty and back again.

Jael, The Pet

table coding by bunni ♥
As her keepers, Gilgamesh and Modesty may join any of Jael’s threads if they deem necessary.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
04-19-2024, 01:24 AM

Modesty dropped her head with a reassuring rumble, teeth lightly grazing over Jael's ear before her attention is called back to the youngster at her heel, now watching the goats and cattle with a softer intensity than her companion usually had. “His name is Oddie, he's a... Maremma? They told me he's bred to guard livestock, let me know if I need to go beat someone up.” Her lips quirked in a wry grin. It wasn't often that Modesty went to see the cattle dogs without Jael in tow, but this was meant to be a surprise. “He's yours, by the way.” She tipped her head at the canine indicating he should go to Jael. “We can't have you living out here, if he's helpful, let me know and I'll get another.” Her head quirked as the puppy moved to walk among the livestock, the cows barely flicking an ear at his approach. “Say, if even the prey isn't fazed by him, how's he meant to scare off a predator?”

“Speech.”

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Oddball Druid's Moor 09:02 PM, 04-13-2024 01:07 AM, 05-20-2024