gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-25-2024, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2024, 11:17 PM by Ignita. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ignita stirred, warm and comfortable. She never wanted a night to pass her by, alone, again. His arms were still around her as morning had not yet started. She had yet to tell him about her meeting with Spider. Surely he had gathered the clues as he came back to the den later that awful day. Her eyes were raw, but she couldn't bear to tell him everything. That Spider was so very very angry with her that they needed time and space away from her. She had been able to get them to at least... take time instead of... hating her forever. But if they did indeed never get around the idea of her love for their dad... She'll cross that bridge if it even gets built.

For now, she was awake, this time before her Lord. She carefully squirmed out of his embrace and placed a kiss over his black ink and vibrant blue brow. She went to the hearth, swept the ashes out into a metal bucket, and carried it out of the den, she walked across the Col, placed the bucket inside the storeroom, and grabbed an empty one. She had plans to use the ashes for many different things.

On her way back across the col to the den she paused at the obelisk, and finally, her eyes scanned over the words. Her golden eyes roved over the stone-etched words and wondered how old and how long the obelisk had stood here. It needed a good scrubbing. She should get back and start a fire in the hearth.

She noticed the bonfire was low behind the obelisk, wasn't one of the night patrols supposed to add a log or two? Someone wasn't doing a duty somewhere. She dropped the pail and ducked her head to grab and throw a log into the fire. She used a long iron stick to stir the old coals, casting embers to fly up into the brisk air.

Morning light streamed through the col, finding Ignita adding a few more logs and stoking the bonfire back to a suitable strength.

"Speech"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-26-2024, 12:53 AM

Basilisk cracked open an eye the moment he felt Ignita wiggling gently against his grasp. He watched her through that tiny crack, feeling no urge to rise just yet. He was sleeping better these days, the scent and feel of Ignita was like a balm. She moved about the den, and was quick to duck out of the cave without so much as a backwards glance.

He groaned and stretched out his long limbs, yawning into the still dark of the early morning. He had things planned for the day. Along with his patrols and general duties, he was going to take Ignita aside and start her training. Properly this time. He wasn’t going to give up on her.

He left Ignita’s den (or was it there's, now?) and found the little fire girl by the Obelisk, tending to the central fire. That fire had meant a great deal to his Grandfather. He claimed it had never gone out since he became Warlord. He had carried a torch from the old lands to this one, and lit it from the same fire. He stepped up beside Ignita, stopping next to her to kiss her cheek. “Ready to start your training?”

"Basilisk" | "Ignita"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-26-2024, 02:25 AM
The flickers of flame distracted her, and she subtly jumped when Bas stepped up beside her. She leaned into his kiss, closing her eyes against the sublime feeling of warmth that ran through her.

She turned to him, a tease in her eyes already, "What? You don't want to keep me helpless and needing to rely on you always to come save me?" She asked narrowing her eyes at him. Keep her fragile and genteel enough to push her around?

She returned to the fire for one more moment. "I was going to start the fire in there before you woke up, but someone was slacking out here." She said, satisfied that the bonfire would last a few hours before it needed more attention. Perhaps they could weave in an honor system about tending the fire. Make sure it didn't go out. She pulled a lock of his fur by his neck with her teeth as she pulled away from the fire. She picked up the pail and disappeared briefly to place it inside the den then returned to his side.

"How does one start their training? Face off and spar or sneak attack from below?" She asked innocently when she suddenly dove under him, nipped at an elbow, and came out on the other side to nip his other shoulder, with a delightful laugh in between. She tried to be as quick as she could before he would use his weight against her and just squish her under him.

"Basilisk" || "Iggy"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-26-2024, 02:50 PM
“Hmmm…” He said, his voice a pleased rumble. “A Helpless little bird at my paws. Your right, I should keep you this way.” he said, cupping a paw against her cheek and looking at her tiny, petite form. Basilisk huffed a soft laugh. “The day you leave my arms without me waking up I’m probably dead.” He teased her. He had woken the second she had moved. It was an itch against his skin, a need. To know she was nearby and safe. He liked to sleep with her fully bundled against him. Safe, secure.

She pulled at the fur against his neck, her teeth scraping against his skin and his mind went black. A soft rumble escaped him, and he growled when she moved away. Mine.

Her words gave him a hint at what she was planning, but he let it happen. Whatever inspired her to learn. Of course, ducking beneath him, nipping at his elbow, his shoulder, was more distracting than he had given it credit to be. Hmm.

Once she was out the other side, he whirled with surprising speed, and gently swatted a paw against her. “Clever, little love. But we are going to learn defences first and foremost.”

"Basilisk" || "Iggy"

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-26-2024, 06:44 PM

She relished every touch and rumble from him. A smile played on her lips as he revealed that he had awoken as soon as she had stirred.

"Is that so?" Perhaps she should work on her stealthy wiggling some more, though being embraced under his chin and between his arms every night made for difficult escapes. Not that she truly minded. She just didn't want to disturb him if she had trouble sleeping.

His growl as she pulled away from him made her feet quicken their pace for her duties, desperate to return to him again.

As soon as she had reached his other side after her quick movements beneath him she was stunned by how quickly the titan could move and she was pushed back by his gentle swat against her shoulder. She didn't have the time to even react. It had already been quite obvious to her that she had a lot to learn in the ways her body could move and react.

Defences. She pulled her brain away from illustrated examples of medieval human castles and tried to bring her mind to the idea of the soldier, calvary, armor, and shields.

"But you don't fight with shields. And a lot of your armors barely protect your bodies." She said with a tilt of her head. She had watched them march off for the raid against The Syndicate, she hated every moment they were all gone. She had observed many of them had armor and how they were all so eager to head to battle. It had been a completely new experience for her.

"Ignita"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-26-2024, 07:08 PM
“If you knew just how aware I was of every whisper of your body…” his voice was husky and warm as she asked if that was so. Ignita's presence certainly sparked something inside of him.

When he swatted her, it brought her to a stand still, and he could see her kind whirling as she considered what he said. Leading her in the complete wrong direction, despite the small introduction he had given her in defences shortly after they had met.

He refrained from the urge of rubbing his forehead. He knew her mind leaned towards academics and the physical of learning the depths of which a body could move was unknown to her. “Not those kind of defences, Ignita. I'm referring to the positioning of your body. When we the warriors refer to defences we are talking about how you hold your body. Your paws, you ears, your tail, the way you hold your head and find your balance.”

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-26-2024, 11:56 PM

She gave him a feigned gasp as he murmured those titillating words! What a cad! His voice was her own distraction and she was already trying to focus on the task at hand.

She could practically hear him rubbing his head internally but was grateful for his patience with her. The first time they attempted this lesson it had gone terribly wrong and triggered an emotionally paralyzing attack within her.

As he explained what he meant by defenses by how the body was prepared for an attack, the pose the structure, and so on, she nodded.

"Right! Right. I - I knew that. I remember!" She said. Then tried her best to "look" prepared for an attack. Her nose pointed down and she was looking up at him as her nose nearly grazed the soil. Her stance was still rather too narrow. Her ears were pinned to her skull. She looked menacing, right? She couldn't keep her ears pinned back and she kept trying to look up at him gauging his reaction but she couldn't quite see him well in her pose.

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-27-2024, 01:01 AM
He looked at Ignita, wondering how much from their first lesson had really sunk in. She tried, he could tell she did. But her pose still lacked something. It lacked… heart, intent. To truly learn how to fight, you needed to do a lot more than a passing resemblance. He’d had some time to think over Ignita learning how to fight, and watching her now he realised he would have to implement some of it. This was going to be difficult, on both of them.

He settled down beside Basilisk, schooling his expression. He was not Basilisk, her mate. He was the Armada Warlord, and she was his wolf. “You are going to learn how to fight, Ignita. Life and death isn’t a game, and I don’t think you’ll fully grasp that with just me.” She trusted him too much. Perhaps she wouldn’t once he was done with her. “So this is what I propose. I will teach you in stages. After each stage, I put you through a test. You must pass three tests before you can become my consort and a power within this pack. Once you’ve risen to a status beside me, you will be a wolf that people will look to. Not just for information, but protection, too. I love you, but my mate must be equal to the task. This is the deal, this is your path to my side, to our children. Will you take it?”

"Basilisk" || "Iggy"

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-27-2024, 01:52 AM

He settled beside her, a shift in his demeanor made her perk up and look at him curiously. Her brow furrowed slightly as she concentrated on the meaning of his words. There was an old familiar tone in his voice that caused her breathing to shallow.

He was using his words carefully, life and death was not a game... three stages, protection... Equal to the task. She had to prove herself not only to him but to the rest of the pack as well. Worthy of the task to stand beside him, to fiercely protect Armada wolves alongside him.

His words started to sink in, tests, actual tests. Her breath caught in her throat, a flash of fear. He was serious. She knew he was. What made him think she thought life and death was a game? She had a tiger in her face! She saw him get knocked out by a damn polar bear! She'd sewn the rip up his belly...

Her eyes darted between his, searching for the words, processing the request. Would she ever be fast enough? Would she ever be able to react fast enough to save her own life? To save someone else?

She reacted quickly with the bear. But it hadn't been focused on her, it wasn't in her face.

"Wait..." Her words pushed through her lips, she took a step back for a moment, then a step forward, then she spun on her heel and walked half way back to the bonfire then back, muttering.

"What let me face the bear... It wasn't attacking me directly. He was knocked out, Ollie was the one mainly getting it. What froze me on the tiger. It was in my face and he was stuck, it nearly had me and I couldn't move. Why... Why did I freeze? I've never faced a tiger before, why didn't I freeze on the bear? I was all action then!"
She stopped.
She shook her head.
What if she failed every one of his tests? She already looked defeated before she even began.

"Why?" She asked him, her back turned, she shook her head taking the question back, "no, no I know why... I don't want to know why but I do." She didn't know why she was so SO hesitant and against this idea. No she knew that too.

"What if I fail..." She asked him finally. Getting to the root of her pacing, muttering and fear.

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-27-2024, 02:26 AM
Basilisk looked at Ignita, waiting for an answer. Watching to see if the gravity of the situation settled upon her. He was… surprised when she pushed back, stepping away and pacing for a moment. She was muttering something, but it seemed more to herself than to him.

“Ignita.” Basilisk said quietly, watching her. He stepped closer, raising a giant paw and extending one single claw. He pushed it gently against her lip, hushing her. “Ignita.” He said, voice gentle. “Your head is too loud. Your doubts and fears and questions… So many questions… their bubbling and leaking all over the place. You're afraid, because you can’t stop thinking.” He had already decided to change his first lesson, looking at her.

“We will shelf defences for the moment. I’m going to teach you something else. Something perhaps a little more instinctive to warriors, and wolves that have lived all their lives among them. Come.” He told her, and led her away from the firepit, through the light of the crisp early morning towards the beach. He sat on the black sand, just starting to warm from the first few tendrils of sun. He could hear the cry of a few lonely birds, and the crash of the waves. It was quiet here, away from the bustle of the pack. “I want you to sit in whatever position you think you’ll find most comfortable. Model your breath on mine, breathe when I do. Sit, and empty your mind, listen to the waves, and the sound of my voice.” he told her, evening out his voice and keeping it soft and gentle.

"Basilisk" || "Iggy"

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-27-2024, 07:58 PM
Her breathing was quick and shallow as he halted her. On the verge of another panic attack. Her pupils were small as her golden eyes looked up at him. Her eyes were nearly filled with tears. His voice gently brought her back to earth, she reached up a paw to grasp his that was pressed against her lip. Grounding. He understood! He said exactly what was going on, her head just wouldn't stop! She didn't know how to make it stop!

He mentioned shelving defences... He mentioned instincts... she had none, all her instincts were honed in running, staying quiet, hiding, exploring, doing many things alone. She had never known warriors before Basilisk and the Armada. She would be a terrible leader.

She followed him to the obsidian sands. Still cool from the early morning, only just catching the sun's rays. There were different sounds here than there were in the Col. At least a lot less people wandering about going about chores and duties. She was curious about what he was going to teach her.

Her brows knitted together as she didn't understand what he was doing. But she did as she was bid. Sit on the sand. She couldn't find a comfortable spot, her body was still tense and wound up like a spring from her pacing.

She shook her fur out first, a good hard shake that sent sprinkles of her fine white and golden fur aloft in drifts. Her body drew in a long and steady breath all on its own and she tried to sit again. Much better. She sat with her elbows on the grains of sand, her tail tucked around her.

She focused on his breathing, trying to match it. Was she doing it right? How do you empty your mind? Her breath caught again as she started to wind up but paused and tried to match his again.
Her thigh bounced and her paw twitched.

"It won't stop." She said after barely five minutes. How was this related to fighting? Defending? Protecting others? How was this going to help?

"Basilisk" || "Iggy"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-27-2024, 08:07 PM
He looked at the wolf before him, with her brain that never stilled. Her thoughts were quicker than his paws. It was like asking a fish to stop swimming. But he knew it was possible. He'd learned a few tricks in his years.

He refrained from touching her, knowing it would distract her. She was distracting him plenty enough already. The little twitch of her nose, a movement in her thigh. Life in one of her paws. His lip twitched, but her closed eyes wouldn't see it.

He kept the amusement out of his voice. “That's why I took you here. Listen to the waves, listen to my voice. Concentrate on them. Put all of your energy into hearing them.” He droned on, his voice hypnotizingly soft. “Hear how the wave hits the shore, that soft crash and rumble of the moving water. The whisper of the recording tide. Breath in, Ignita. Listen to that seagull and its single cry, breathe out. There, the wave crashed again.” He just needed to trick her mind, pull it in.

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-27-2024, 08:54 PM

She concentrated on his voice, how it wove through the sounds and guided her to each noise. She focused on what she could hear. She could almost see it all with her mind's eye. Her claws dug into the and as she strained to hear every sound. After a moment she found the pattern of the waves, how they always came in and crashed and rumbled, then whispered. Crash rumble whisper...
It was never in any other pattern. There was a drip here or there as the water lapped and splashed against the rocks. But the rhythm of the waves was what she found solace in. Her claws slowly relaxed, and her face released its knitting.
Her breath pulled in as the wave drew near and out as the wave went out.
The bird screeched overhead but she ignored it, the waves, the pattern. It was reliable, it was steady, and it never changed.
The strain of doing it right went away as she focused on the sound.

One paw lifted, mindlessly, and pulled a handful of black sand closer, matching the pull of the waves, then slowly pushed out, following the receding waves. She focused on the sound of the sand and the feel of it in her paw. The sand was cold and different from desert sand. It clung in between her toes, slightly damp, the grain was a touch larger, but most of it was sharper. Sand from the desert was softer, finer, drier, and fell out of your fur more easily.

She sighed. "I'm just thinking about sand now, the differences between this sand and the desert. I did feel the waves though." Her mind just wanted to find the pattern. Her body was a lot more relaxed now.

"Why do you want me to focus? I need a reason. I need a purpose." She asked, opening her eyes to him. She hadn't figured it out yet.

"Ignita"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-27-2024, 09:22 PM
He thought she almost had it, for a moment she seemed to still. Her paw went out, clenching the sand in time to the waves. That, too, seemed to be a good sign. Even if he had been taught to be still. When she spoke he let out a soft breath. We'll, he knew she would be a challenge. Fighting wasn't in her nature, and neither was stillness. 

“This skill is called meditation, and it's a useful skill for warriors. I think it will benefit you most of all. If you master it, you can use it to push back fear, conquer your mind. Emptying your thoughts, pushing everything back.” He explained, knowing she needed to understand the why. She needed a reason too, something to work towards him. Hmmm… “I will set you through three tests to prove mastery over the skills I'm teaching you. After you pass each one, I will find a gift or reward worthy of you. To master this one, takes two minutes three times a day to try to empty your thoughts.” He decided.

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-27-2024, 11:13 PM

She breathed through a huff as he mentioned she could benefit from this practice. She didn't want to disbelieve him, but there was a nagging pushback within her. A self-defeating obstacle making it all too hard. She knew her rise from slavery would still have a cost to it. Everything she did seemed to cost so much.

A gift or reward worthy of her? She covered another indignant huff, she was frustrated, a little at him, but also herself.

She perked her ears though at his instructions. Was that all? Do this focusing on the waves thing for only two minutes, three times a day? She looked at him, searching his face for a catch. That seemed too easy. Her challenge then would be to not overdo it.

"That seems --" Nope, don't give him the ammo to make it harder, maybe it would prove to be difficult when she tried it. "I'll try." At least he was open about the tests, there would be no guessing about whether something was part of a test or not.

"All right, fine. Learn the skills, and pass the tests." A gleam entered her eye, if he was going to subject her to these tests to prove her worthy, he could suffer the consequences of putting her through this torment right along with her. "Until then, separate beds. Until I can make you work for it yourself." She dared him with a flash of narrowed eyes. She finally had something she could hold over him now. Something he always wanted. Until she was strong enough to truly fend him off from it.

"Ignita"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-27-2024, 11:30 PM

Basilisk’s brow climbed up at that. Oh really, she was going to try to keep him from her? Good luck with that. While he wanted Ignita to build herself up, to find this freedom and make something of herself that she wished to be… they would both find that his goodwill only went so far.

A predatory gleam entered his eye, and he sauntered slowly closer to her. Dangerous. A warning in the slow movements of his steps. “Sweet Ignita.” he purred softly. “You get to dictate terms, when you have the strength to back them up. If you want to sleep separately from me… make me.” He whispered into her ear. No, he wasn’t going to give up an inch when it came to his lust to be near her. He wasn't done yet, and that warning glint was there in the molten heat of his eyes. All he needed was a tiny push...

"Basilisk"

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-27-2024, 11:45 PM

He seemed surprised at her bold claim, and her heart raced with naive triumph! Her celebration was premature as his azure orbs darkened, she had dared to take away what he had claimed. She was untested, and he was just predatory enough to take what he wanted when he wanted it from her. Her heart leaped up, was it fear? It was alarm, a little danger, sweetened with honeyed arousal. If she tried to make him it wouldn't be a game. She didn't know if she was ready to play by those rules.

She was overthinking again. Obviously, she hadn't mastered any lesson so far. She actually did huff through her nose and narrowed her eyes at him this time. A dangerous game. Her heart picked up in her chest, a rhythm of fear and worry she tried her best to squash down.

"What would be the next test then?" she asked through gritted teeth.

"Ignita"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-27-2024, 11:52 PM

He leaned over her, looking at the little gold wolf and all thoughts of lessons and tests had fled him. She wanted distance from him, and all that did was ignite that craving to be closer to her. He kissed the side of her head, the gentle, patient teacher who had carefully explained the rules of meditation seemed to have been gone. In its wake, was the hungry Warlord. The wolf that needed and craved the flame toned wolf like a drug.

“You never answered my question, Ignita.” His voice was also a warning, a need.Would she be daring to enforce rules upon them today? He pushed aside her own question, whatever happened next would depend on Ignita. “Would you fight me for the right to mount you?” He whispered, his teeth grazing against her ear. Did he want that? He realized he did. He wanted to see her push back, he wanted to see her strength, her fire. For him, against him. Perhaps it didn't matter to him which she picked. The more he taught her, the harder an opponent she would be. Perhaps there would come a day when she would be strong enough to stop him.

"Basilisk"

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-28-2024, 03:24 AM
Her breath stopped as he loomed dangerous over her. Her ear twitching at his whispers. Gone was the patient teacher and soothing voice. The kiss to the side of her head felt like a brand set to run through her body and set her to blooming.

Her trembling breath escaped through her nose, his dangerous Warlord mastering tone in full effect as he warned her about how she didn't answer his question.

Her golden gaze was transfixed by the ocean. The waves rolling in and out, a bird soaring over the white seafoam. Her breath ran out with the water and carefully came back in deep and forceful as the waves dared to touch her toes.

Should he fight for that right? Would she fight for her own right? Her leg twitched, her tail tensed to coil tightly against her body. Her breath shook, rattled against her ribs as her core thrummed with panic.

"Mnmnn mmmn-" she tried to push her answer through her lips locked tightly. Everything in her body screamed and screamed and screamed about the danger such an answer would be, it shouted to stay little, stay quiet. Survive survive survive!

She stood, her legs shakey and daring to collapse with the pressure to shift her motives.

She lifted her head and... Her eyes could only meet his chest. "yes." She tried. It was quiet. Barely audible. It took everything in her to utter such pure defiance.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-28-2024, 03:28 PM
Basilisk watched, standing tall above his little Bird as she clearly struggled for an answer. Did she want to fight him? Did she want the strength to stand on her own four paws? Perhaps she would eventually see the benefit in learning to fight. To have the strength to stand up against others, and the mental capacity to do so. Strength was… empowering.

“Yes?” He whispered back at her, touching a paw under her chin, and forcing her gaze upwards. His eyes were hungry for her, lust and love mingling in the deep set blues. How she set him wild, with her scent, her body, the soft sounds she made when they moved together. He brushed his muzzle against her cheek, down to her shoulder, her throat. He set his teeth lightly against the skin where her shoulder and neck met. He pulled at the skin and fur, nipping and releasing it. “Fight me, little Love Bird.” he whispered into the crook of her neck. He leaned more heavily into her, pressing parts of his body against hers. “Fight me.” his teeth grazed her skin again. ”Fight.”

"Basilisk" || "Iggy"