gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-02-2024, 11:19 PM

After her trip to deliver some of the Armada’s goods to Avalon, Wynter felt like getting some more experience in bartering and speaking about trade goods. That felt like something she might have to do pretty often as a diplomat so that was a good thing to add to her self guided training. She volunteered for some shifts in the pack’s market so she set up one of the stalls with some of the pack’s general goods and settled in to wait for a customer or two. Hopefully she’d get to meet some interesting wolves doing this!

"Wynter Carpathius"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-03-2024, 12:54 AM
Astraios wasn’t here for the market, he was here to see if he could get a glimpse of his friend Spider, or see what life was like here in the Armada. His friend kept telling him about the place, and their awesome treehouse and the like. He knew the market was the closest he would get to seeing it all for himself.

He stepped through the space, immediately feeling overcrowd by just the few wolves already milling about the area. He never did like people. He grimaced, but was forced to remind himself that these were Spider’s people and their guests. He couldn’t be an ass, and he definitely couldn’t start anything.

He glided by a stall, and saw a dark wolf standing by it, an array of goods in front of her. Something in particular caught his eye. A little carving of a mountain. It reminded him of his biggest fight with Delphi, and the one that had brought them closer together. “This… what for it?” He asked, in his nervousness he almost fell back to his native tongue and just managed to refrain. Causing the words to stumble awkwardly from his lips.

"Speech"
[Image: Au67KGz.png]

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 01:15 AM

She watched the guests and pack members alike mill about the market for a while until finally a pale man with interesting blue markings seemed to take notice of one of the trinkets in her wares. His coloring and markings reminded her a bit of Warden and for a moment she got distracted by her out thoughts about her absent brother, but she was quickly pulled back to the present when he questioned what she wanted for a piece of art in the form of a carved mountain in a very short, blunt kind of way. She blinked and came over to the part of the table he was standing at to stand across from him as she said, "Hmm, that's a nice piece, but not too large. I would say something small like a bit of metal or a bundle of herbs." She had put some thought into what she might want for each piece before she put it out so now it was just all about remembering what she had priced them at.

"Wynter Carpathius"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-03-2024, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2024, 01:34 AM by Astraios. Edited 1 time in total.)
Astraios considered the other wolf’s words slowly, he did not have any metals or herbs. He did not have many belongings at all. Or perhaps he did, now that he ranked so highly in the pack. He actually did not know how that worked, or who had a stack in what. He was not comfortable taking ownership of something he had not fought for or earned himself.

“Would you consider other trade? Pelts in good condition?” he suggested. He did not know for sure, but was how it worked, was it not? You bartered for goods after a price was stated. He supposed he would find out soon enough.

"Speech"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 01:43 AM

Wynter had fully expected at least some of the wolves to barter for their items and she had almost hoped they would just to make it more interesting and give her a real sense of what others would want to give for these things. The man eventually offered pelts in exchange and he made sure to specify that they were in good condition. Pelts were pretty plentiful around the pack with so many of their members being avid hunters, but they had so many members and often faced such cold temperatures that they couldn't really have too many pelts around. After pondering for a moment, she nodded and replied, "I would take one large pelt or two smaller ones for that." That seemed fair given the size of the piece. "I'm Wynter, by the way," she added as she was pulling out a thin, oiled skin to wrap the carving in for him to take it home. "Thanks for being my first sale of the day!"

"Wynter Carpathius"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-03-2024, 02:01 AM
After a moment, he would see success in his bartering. The blue-eyed woman agreed to pelts in trade for the carving. He nodded his head, and reached into a pack to grab out two fox pelts. Showing her the condition they were in before placing them on the table before her.

The carving would make a good, and unexpected gift for Delphi. Not a bad outcome for the day, even if he hadn’t seen Spider. “You can call me Strai” he said in return, giving his name for hers. He took the wrapped carving, and nodded his head to her, and turned to depart.

"Speech"

Ciaran

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (242)

Advanced Navigator (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-03-2024, 02:04 AM
Kea had travelled up to the Armada shortly after the festival. He had with him a book, and a letter to give to a friend he had made in the Armada the day they had visited. He knew he had told her he would send it via bird, but he wanted to give it also with the gift. She had been so interested in the story he had been reading, that he had found one with a similar line of telling, with castles and knights.

He made his way into the market, which was a piece of Armada territory where he was allowed to wonder. He saw a wolf who had just sold a carving and was now free and unbusy. He headed over towards her. “Hi! Hello, could I ask a small favour of you?” He asked as he came to a stop by her stall.

"Ciaran Carpathius"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 02:23 AM

"Nice to meet you, Strai! Come back soon!" she said cheerfully as she handed over his purchase and took the fox pelts behind the table to put them away. Not a bad deal if she did say so herself! She was just turning back toward the table when a dark coated man with whispy blue markings came up to the table. His scent was familiar as being from The Hallows and she seemed to remember seeing a glimpse of him at the bonfire, but she couldn't be sure. There had been a lot of wolves there that evening. He asked her for a favor and she looked at him curiously with a tip of her head. "Maybe, it depends on what the favor is," she replied with a chuckle, interested to hear what this stranger wanted her to do.

"Wynter Carpathius"

Ciaran

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (242)

Advanced Navigator (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-03-2024, 02:27 AM
KHe grinned at the dark wolf when she responded. That was fair enough. “I’m from the Hallows,” He began, though she could probably catch that scent on him. That made them allies, right? “And during the bonfire I made friends with a wolf who lives here. Ignita?” He didn’t know every wolf in the Hallows, so hopefully this wolf knew who he was talking about.

“I wanted to give her this” he explained, putting the book on the table. He’d hidden his note inside, so no one was likely to get a sneak peak of it before Ignita could get her paws on it. “Do you think you could give it to her for me?”

"Ciaran Carpathius"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 02:38 AM

The Hallows man seemed friendly and positively chipper compared to the last man she spoke with. He explained that during the bonfire he had made friends with one of the Armada's wolves, naming Ignita. She smiled with recognition and nodded with understanding. She wasn't surprised at all that Ignita had made friends with him. The few interactions she had with the flame-marked woman had been very cheerful and energetic so she imagined she was probably the life of a party. He went on to say that he had something he wanted to give Ignita and Wynter glanced down at the book that he placed on the table. His favor was actually a very simple one–simply just to give the book to Ignita. "Oh! Sure, I'll make sure it gets to her after my shift here is over," she assured him, reaching for the book so that she could put it in the basket with the fox furs so it would be out of the way for safe keeping. "What's your name? So I can tell her who left it for her."

"Wynter Carpathius"

Ciaran

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (242)

Advanced Navigator (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-03-2024, 02:49 AM
He grinned, so far this was going easier than he had expected. This wolf knew Ignita, and was happy to pass on the gift. He still watched Wynter scoop up the book with some trepidation. Would she like the gift? Would she find his note funny? He hoped she would send a bird later down the road with a return letter. He’d never had a penpal before. “Oh, right!” he said, feeling a little silly. Of course this wolf would need his name.

“I’m Kea Carpathius, say hi to her from me, will you?” he said cheerfully, he was still a little hopeful that he might bump into her, but even if he didn’t at least he would know she would get the gift.

"Ciaran Carpathius"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 02:55 AM

The man introduced himself as Kea Carpathius and Wynter realized this was probably one of the sons of Artorias and her aunt Briar. He did have the same colorings as Artorias and markings on his back pretty similar to Briar's so she probably should have guessed that sooner. "I definitely will. And I'm Wynter Fatalis, by the way. I guess we're cousins? I think that's how that goes," she replied with a chuckle and a grin. Their family was so big it was hard to keep the exact relations down sometimes. "It's nice to meet you Kea! Feel free to stay and shop around as much as you want, the market is really lively today." The market wasn't always this bustling, but it seemed like she happened to pick a really good day to set up her stall. Maybe she'd get lucky and manage another sale before the day was up.

"Wynter Carpathius"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Novice Healer (15)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-03-2024, 03:00 AM

She should not be here. She reaaaaallllly should not be here. She didn’t really know what her pack’s standings were with the Armada, but she knew that Crux’s standing with his family was strained. If he knew she was here, he would not be happy with her.

She hadn’t even intended to, she’d decided to do a little travelling and learning and had sort of wound up here. Perhaps it had been a subconscious pull, something that had brought here right here. To the place that had once mattered so much to her love.

Did she smell like Crux? Would anyone here smell him on her? She gave her coat a subtle sniff as she entered the market. But his scent was so second nature to her that she wasn’t sure she would be able to tell. She moved through the marketplace, looking around, looking at the wolves. Was anyone here family to Crux?

"Cryptis"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 03:08 AM

She said her farewells to Kea and she watched him move away to another stall before she turned her attention back out to the crowds. She still had plenty of goods and trinkets to sell so she really hoped shed manage to pull in another interested person buyer. Or, at the very least, learn some more faces and names of all of these visiting wolves. The Armada was so full of her own family that it was always exciting to meet someone new from a totally different part of the world from herself. As she was looking around she spotted a woman with a black and gray coat that had very interesting, intricate gold markings in certain places. Wynter had also never really seen anyone with rings on their ears or tail like that and she was fascinated. "Hello there!" she called out as the mysterious woman wandered closer to her stall, waving her over. Once she was close enough to speak comfortably Wynter added, "I just wanted to say your jewelry and markings are very pretty, I like them a lot." Everyone liked compliments, right?

"Wynter Carpathius"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Novice Healer (15)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-03-2024, 06:00 PM

Triss was quite surprised when someone called for her attention, she turned to the wolf and found a dark coated woman with blue markings. The stripes under one eye left her wondering if this might be a wolf related to Crux. Hoping his scent wasn’t on her coat, she offered the stranger a small smile.

“Hi” she said back, and looked down at her bangles. “Thanks, I got them from my mum. The jewellery and markings both.” she gave another small smile at her attempt at humour. She had come to a stop in front of this wolf's stall now, and glanced at the wares in curiosity. Though her main attention was on the wolf, waiting and anticipating the moment she might catch a familiar scent.

"Speech"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 08:32 PM

Wynter chuckled and retuned the woman's smile as she mentioned how the jewelry and the markings both were from her mother. It made her wish she had some kind of traits from her own mother, but she was still proud of how many traits she had gotten from her father and grandfather regardless. She curiously tried to get a sense of what pack the woman was from since she could get some kind of pack scent intermingled with her own, but it wasn't one she was familiar with. There was something else there, something oddly familiar, but she couldn't quite place it. Wynter just chalked it up to how many different wolves and competing scents were all around them making it difficult to pinpoint. "I'm Wynter, by the way," she said conversationally. "If you see anything you're interested in let me know!" She let the woman browse then, standing at the ready to answer any questions or just chat if that was more what she was looking for. Even though it was a market she knew some wolves only came to socialize.

"Wynter Carpathius"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Novice Healer (15)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-03-2024, 08:39 PM

Cryptis tucked away the wolf's name, wondering if she could weedle some family names out of Crux later, and see if this wolf came up! The eye markings was a really strong hint, but she wasn’t quite sure yet. Actually. She smiled. “Nice to meet you, Wynter! I’m Cryptis Nightwing, did you have a family name?” she asked, trying to sound idly curious. Everyone knew her as Triss, so she didn’t think that would raise any alarm bells.

“I will, thank you” she added as the other wolf mentioned her wares. Triss didn’t really have anything to trade with, she hadn’t expected to come to this market.

"Speech"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 08:50 PM

The interesting stranger gave her name in return and luckily it was as unique as her appearance so Wynter was confident that she'd never forget it. Cryptis asked about her family name and she replied, "Oh, yes! It's Fatalis." She was so used to others assuming she was part of the Fatalis family just from being in the Armada and at least partially having their signature marking on her eye that she didn't usually feel the need to specify her family name when she was at home. But Cryptis was a visitor to their pack, of course, and maybe wasn't as familiar with her family so Wynter didn't think much of it. "It was nice to meet you!" she said as Cryptis finished her browsing and began to move away, leaving her to tend to the stall once more. She had already had many more visitors than she had been expecting so any more that stopped by after this was just going to be icing on the cake.

"Wynter Carpathius"

Kestrel

Raiders Hollow
The Modyguard

Beginner Fighter (0)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-03-2024, 08:59 PM

Kes had told Modesty that he would get to know the lands around them a little better. He had rather a lot to catch up on, and she had warned him that other packs didn’t look too fondly upon them. When he heard about the Armada market, he realised it was a great opportunity to do a little snooping, and catch some gossip. Any time multiple wolves came together, there was always something to hear.

He trotted into the cave, the lanterns casting a warm lighting on the room as he looked at the stalls and wolves around. He fluttered lightly through the space, catching glimpses of conversation, until a wolf tending a stall by herself caught his eye. She looked young, and perhaps a touch board. Perfect.

“Hello,” The sailor said with a charming smile. “Looks like a busy market day today, made any good sales?” he asked conversationally as he pretended to be interested in the bits and pieces in front of her.

"Speech"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (145)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-03-2024, 09:27 PM

Wynter sat around behind her stall for a while after Cryptis left, watching the crowd mill about and waiting to see if anyone would come over to her stall. Finally a new face came into view and she got to her paws with a smile when she realized that he was coming toward her. He was the third wolf today with blue hues to their coat which she thought was a funny coincidence. "Hello!" she said in return to his simple greeting and nodded to his comment about the market being busy today. "It is! It's been even more lively than normal today." He asked about her sales and she chuckled with a little shrug, saying, "Just one so far, but the day is still young."

"Wynter Carpathius"